“Early Bird Menu”

Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Melrose
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

The food on the early bird menu was excellent. Our starters were well portioned and really tasty, I had the fishcakes and my wife had the chicken liver parfait. We bith had the fish and chips for our main course; the batter was perfect and the fish really tasty, chips were good too.
The service was excellent and really friendly.
We will be back.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We're just back from our first Turkish night at Marmion's and have to say it definitely won't be our last! The food was excellent, very tasty and very authentic! Having lived in Turkey for over 8 years, we know what home cooked Turkish food should taste like and it ticked all the boxes for us! All in all an excellent night and thoroughly recommend it. xx

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Dropped in here after a frosty tour of Melrose Abbey just along the road. Nice welcome and warm spacious restaurant. Flat white coffee and camomile tea went down very well with our cakes - but the large tranche of coffee and walnut cake was decadent and delicious! All home made and I suspect that I would have been equally satisfied if I had gone for scones, lemon drizzle or carrot cake. All looked very tasty and might be enough to persuade me to return to a visit of the Abbey!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Just been to Marmions, had another great meal, tremendous service ,well worth a visit. The Staff are very attentive and very good variety on menu ,can't fault in any way

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this on behalf of my wife who is furious after visiting Marmions for coffee with her friend and grand-daughter.
The grown ups had coffee and a scone and my grand-daughter had a small glass of diluted orange. The cost came to just over £15.
My wife was treating her friend and queried the Bill after waiting for the two staff members behind the counter to stop arguing.
In a very aggressive manner the waitress told her that was the correct cost. It included a charge of £2.80 for the small glass of diluted orange for my grand-daughter!
Shame on you Marmions......this surely can't be typical of the town of Melrose.
Avoid this restaurant.

1  Thank onebrawlad
gezgin123, Owner at Marmion's Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Hi there .this is chris owner of the marmions. I have read your review and I'm sorry you have been over changed. Our prices following. Coffee £2.40 ( latte £2.70)
Scones £2.20. Diluted juices £1.00.
2 coffe and 2 Scones and 1 Diluted juice makes £10.20.
Please come in And collect over changed amount . (And have a fresh coffee on us )
We are sorry for the mistake.