“Saturday afternoon lunch”
Review of Brunel's

Brunel's
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Newcastle
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Focusing on bold and creative gourmet dishes, Brunel's will use only the freshest in regionally sourced ingredients to create dishes that will both challenge and inspire, showcasing seasonal local fayre at it's very best. It is our mission to deliver exceptional quality, reasonably priced dishes, served in a relaxed environment by professional but friendly staff. Head chef Paul Cunningham already has earned himself a solid reputation as one of the most adventurous and artistic restaurateurs across NI, with his evident passion for consistently excellent food earning him both extensive critical acclaim and numerous fine dining awards.
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Booked this for lunch on Saturday, beautiful restaurant, and delicious meal, well spaced to other diners, I will definitely be back

1  Thank claire d
Write a reviewReviews (609)

Reviewed 30 May 2021

My wife and I had an evening meal here with some friends. As we entered, a smiling member of staff welcomed us, and showed us to our pre-booked table. As we perused the menu, I was aware of a gentle bus of conversation from our fellow diners. All tables in the restaurant seemed to be occupied. The grey-painted decor and high ceilings, however, meant that, at our table, we were able to hear each other's conversation clearly.

The meals we had ordered soon appeared. The men had both chosen steak. In my own caae, it was done to perfection. Our wifes had had both chosen duck, and expressed their satisfaction with it.

All-in-all, a really enjoyable evening. We would certainly hope to return.c

1  Thank Geoff M
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Outstanding Reopening

After five long months of Covid Lockdown, our first place we booked was Brunels, as it’s our favourite restaurant.

And my oh my what fabulous food and service, we had the breads and butter as appetiser, pigeon breast for my husband it was succulent and delicious served with herb granola and burnt onions, I had the roasted fennel and caramelised onion soup such decadence. We both had the fillet for mains, it was so tender and an amazing depth of flavour, I had bearnaise and other half had pepper sauce both were amazing the steaks were served with balsamic onion and watercress salad, sides were champ, triple booked chips and tobacco onions. And the service was impeccable.

Totally worthwhile waiting five months for, what a fabulous evening. If your anywhere near Newcastle you must book and sample this truly awesome dining experience.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank mollymurfylhf
Reviewed 27 May 2021

I took my parents out to the Percy French for a special meal, but the welcome at the door was colder than ice and the concern about our departing the fairly quiet restaurant was non-existant. We felt like Titanic Steerage class.

Anyway, we walked out of that fascade and into Brunel's, where we were welcomed instantly with a beautiful smile and excellent attentive service.... then came 5 star food at very reasonable prices. The atmosphere in the place was amazing, and clearly, the staff are happy to be there. This owner clearly understands what it means to deliver excellence, she is a shining star!! If you have not been to Brunel's, then GET DOWN THERE! :) Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful afternoon.

1  Thank farrawayman
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

Ordered a family meal for four for Easter Sunday Lunch. We all opted for roast beef which was absolutely delicious, very tender and full of taste, it was cooked to perfection. The roast beef was served with creamy champ, tasty roast potatoes, fresh veg and a light and crispy Yorkshire pudding. The main meal was topped off with an amazing gravy! Each person was delighted with their meal and we can’t wait to get back into the restaurant to experience the top class cooking and wonderful atmosphere that Paul and the rest of the staff are so well known for! Happy Easter to the entire team!

Date of visit: April 2021