Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
Donard Hotel(Newcastle)
US$157
Toprooms.com
3,325 results
All reviewsoak restaurantpercy frenchslieve donardlighthouse loungemourne mountainsvitality poolresort roomsbeautiful hotelsea viewsteam roomirish seaporridgesuperior roomrestaurant managerbuffet stylefirst classhastings hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Spent a very pampered day at the Slieve Donard Spa yesterday. From the moment of arrival till departure we were looked after brilliiantly by all the spa staff. Massage and facial were excellent and what a view of the sea and the mountains from the sauna room. That’ll take some beating! Lunch was delicious and the only complaint I have is that it ended too quickly. Definitely a place to visit again.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank sueheaven2018
Ashleigh_GS, Guest Relations Manager at Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Sueheaven2018,

Thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels and the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort in the future. If you have any questions or require any future assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent the most wonderful day at the Slieve Donard Resort Spa. Treatments lush, relaxation and pool facilities so luxurious. Staff were great and lovely lunch at the lighthouse restaurant. Thanks to manager Stephen for making us feel so special. Can't wait to return

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dorinnia C

Dear Dorinnia,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful day in the Spa and thoroughly enjoyed the treatments, facilities and food. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Stephen.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My new wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Slieve Donard Resort and Spa to celebrate our first month of wedded bliss. We could not have been happier with our stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, going out of their way to make sure we were well looked after. We appreciated the little touches left in our room to congratulate us, also! Our Resort room was spacious, luxurious, well equipped with fantastic views of the grounds and beach. Our breakfast was delicious, delivered promptly to our room for us to relax and enjoy. The spa was beautiful, modern and serene. We particularly enjoyed the warm bubbles of the Vitality Pool. We would highly recommend the resort and will surely be back in the near future!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan H

Dear Ivan H,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a very enjoyable time with us celebrating your first month of married life.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for two nights, it is a lovely old building in a beautiful location, we found it clean and luxurious, the staff friendly, the food was good if overpriced. The drinks were so expensive that we did not spend as much time in the bar as we had planned. The main problem for me was the noise, this is really a bustling party house, the staff told us that they usually have at least one wedding per day if not two! Therefore there are lots of people everywhere, lots of excited chatter, lots of music played well in the small hours, lots of tipsy people milling around. If you are the kind of person who enjoys that party atmosphere (and many do) then I think you'll love the Slieve Donard Hotel, if however, like me, you actually want to get to sleep at night and have a relaxing holiday, then I would not recommend it, this place is for party animals.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryAnn434

Dear MaryAnn434,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to hear during your two night stay you found the hotel, location and food beautiful and the staff friendly.

I apologize you were disturbed by fellow guests. We do pride ourselves on being a wonderful wedding venue hosting weddings most weekends but certainly not daily as you were told. Although weddings do bring about a lot of excited guests we try to control this by allocating guests bedrooms rooms away from the wedding party bedrooms, limiting the time music can be played to and having our night staff complete regular walk round of the hotel to ensure there are no guests congregating and causing a disturbance in their rooms or public areas.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort in the future to experience a more relaxing stay. If you have any questions or require any future assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Second time staying here and out resort bedroom didn't disappoint! Lovely view, gorgeous breakfast and all staff we encountered were so friendly and eager to please without being too full on. Lovely cheery girl at breakfast really made our morning, sorry I can't remember her name!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear fearofpop,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that from start to finish we were able to exceed your expectations and that all staff were friendly and helpful throughout the Resort.