“Gone badly downhill.”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

What has happened to the previously lovely Il Pirata? Are they cutting food costs drastically? Limited menu, virtually no meat options. We had real difficulty picking something. Our food was very disappointing. Soggy, wet pizetta, barely any cheese on it, also clearly using leftovers as toppings- yuck. Parmesan fries were like the little bits from the bottom of a bag of frozen chips. No comment from wait staff despite the fact we left more than half of our meals.
Won’t be back. Such a shame as it used to be great and very reliable.

1  Thank Clare C

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wow this place is amazing. Staff friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable. Prompt and polite greeting on arrival. Food was amazing ... duck ragu as main is a must have! Gorgeous tapas to start.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The Specials Menu was set up for meals for two, and although I was hungry, I was there on my own, but the waitress was very helpful, and after she made a few visits to the Counter I was served Jacobs Ladder with Roast Potatoes and Veg - for One.
It was tasty, but the sauce served with it in a little Jug was very good, and enhanced the meal.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We have just had a lovely family meal here this evening. Our wee waitress was a real delight from start to finish and made sure we had a great time. There was an excellent choice of meals and everything was very fresh and extremely tasty. Our sons fish dish just melted in his mouth and my husband is still chittering away about how good his steak was. As for me, I was in veggie heaven with our daughter equally happy munching her way through the range of pasta choices. Puddings were eaten in silence by my pudding loving family and there was no sharing which is a sure sign of contentment. The meal was very reasonable for the 4 of us and we would certainly recommend a visit if only for the Parmesan fries.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We took our son and daughter-in-law to the restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner. We didn't have a reservation but were able to get a table for 4 (plus high-chair). We had the bread and oil to share as a starter and I had one of the daily specials whilst others had selections off the normal menu. The food was delicious and the portions a nice size.

The staff greeted us in a friendly manner and the service was great.

Overall really enjoyed the food and experience. And the bill was not too bad either