“Poor Menu Availability”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: The Bar + Grill is a stylish and lively restaurant in Belfast serving an extensive menu for all day dining. We are renowned for our steaks which are cooked on a charcoal grill which give the meat unique taste and texture and we have an extensive menu of fresh fish daily running alongside our home comfort specials of fresh pasta, fish pie and brunch at the weekends, as well as a Roast on a Sunday. We have a carefully selected list of wines from the world, as well as cool cocktails and local craft beers. We are located minutes walk away from the Europa Hotel, The Crown Bar and the City Hall. Our other restaurants include James Street South, Hadskis and Cast & Crew.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Six of us to celebrate a birthday - Out of six people choosing a main meal from the menu at 7.30pm - We were informed after the order had been taken two of us were told that two different items were unavailable. TH e time taken to produce the food was very slow. Despite having been recommended to go there we would be reluctant to repeat the experience

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a beautiful meal in the restaurant on Saturday, piri-piri monkfish especially excellent as the fish dish of the day

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Couples dinner, restaurant bright and loud, cramped seating with waitress hitting into chair several times, no vegetables with meal but lovely prawns with the steak. 10% tip added to bill already, all in all nice meal, average taking all into account, next date would be another restaurant for the wow factor not received

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The server did not communicate that the special of the day was a filet of fish with the bones left in. The first bite had 7 pin bones in it. Manager came by and got the fish replaced for a piece of cod without bones, but left me feeling like it was my fault for ordering the wrong dish. This restaurant is too expensive for this lack of communication. We expected more.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
ManagerBelfast, Manager at The Bar + Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear srtrahan11,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I apologise that on this occasion you did not enjoy your meal with us and we did not live up to your expectations. On the specials menu, the fish of the day was described as whole, which would suggest that it was served on the bone, I am sorry if this was not clear.
I hope you will not let this visit deter you from returning in the future when i would hope you will have a much more enjoyable experience.

Kind regards,
Paul Mc Govern
Restaurant manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner with my wife before heading to a show.

We had the following:
Starters: Crispy squid - this was a delicious dish. Well balanced and tasty. I would order this myself next time too
Breads - were tasty but nothing exceptional.

Mains: rib eye steak - which was average, hence why the 4 start rating. Was just ok without meeting expectations.
Burger - this was very good and I’d recommend it.

Dessert - we shared the baked alaska which was a great portion but personally we would have liked more sponge.

The service was spot on and the surroundings were pleasant. Our only bug bear was the very loud group of men two tables over who made it difficult to hear each other and the waitress.

Also, service charge was already added to the bill when I received it. Whilst the deserved the charge on this occasion, I disagree with the assumption of placing it on the bill.