“Great”
Review of Duke of York

Duke of York
Ranked #4 of 89 Nightlife in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: This club is popular among locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I really loved visiting here and was thrilled to get the snug. Lots of graffiti but don't let that put you off. Lovely decor on the way upstairs to the ladies toilets

All reviews
"banter"
"murals"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

What a great way to begin our first visit to Belfast!! Judith and Don, the bar keeps, were very friendly and informative. We arrived early afternoon on a Tuesday, so it was a lite crowd. Bar is beautiful with tons of mirrors and memorabilia. My husband enjoyed several types of whiskey..many rare finds. Best Guinness I’ve ever had by far! Only crisps and dulse (seaweed) to snack on here. Well worth a visit and will return on our next trip for sure.

1  Thank mbdflynn
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Great place to visit! Traditional bar with a cosy and friendly feel. Lots of mirrors and original advertising on the walls and ceilings. Upstairs has live music and an additional bar. Great visit

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The Duke of York is a Belfast tradition, and when I'm in town it's got a permanent spot on my calendar on Tuesdays. Belfast has no shortage of excellent music, but Rory and John take it to the next level. Their Irish music and modern covers have a high energy rock and roll edge that matches their personalities and humor. I love the way they engage the audience and, after interviewing some Tuesday night regulars for a piece I'm writing, I'm clearly not the only one that feels that way.

While you're there ask Paul (the blue eyed silver fox behind the bar) for a whiskey recommendation. It's not often I get a recommendation for a whiskey I've never heard of before. He definitely knows his stuff.

Fun place, casual, totally safe for solo female travelers, amazing music and whiskey, and on my short list of favorite Belfast pubs. See you Tuesday!

6  Thank TheRealLisaBain