2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
AC Hotels$99
Expedia.com$99
Hotels.com$99
Priceline$99
Travelocity$99
Tripadvisor$99
All reviews river view jean christophe titanic museum large tv city centre breakfast service lovely hotel hotel restaurant great shower saturday night reception staff car park stayed for one night fantastic stay following morning billy marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2022

Having stayed at this hotel in the past during a business trip, we booked it again on this vacation tour. We stayed there on September 9th. The location is really good (close to Titanic Museum and the arena), right on the river. Accommodations are what you would expect from a Marriott hotel. We booked it on Marriott points. Hotel staff were very professional and accommodating...they answered all our questions.

Our disappointment was with the on-site restaurant (Novelli). A highly rated (and well-reviewed) dining experience, we were made to wait over 45 minutes for a table when there were many tables open (lack of wait staff perhaps?). Frankly, we were almost insulted when the host indicated that we might have been more diligent in letting them know we wanted to eat there (this was at 5PM). We spent our waiting time in the bar, which was not crowded, but was quite busy and yet offered no table service. One had to wait at the bar for one of two bartenders (sometimes three) to order drinks which took forever to make. Once at our table we waited almost thirty minutes before a waiter took our order. He was very nice and confirmed that they were short staffed, but overall, despite the food being very good, we were disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Alannah Quigley, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2022

Dear John W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback, we do appreciate all feedback as it help us see where we can improve.

I was glad to see that you enhoyed your hotel stay however I was disappointed to see that your stay was was let down by your visit to our Novelli restaurant.

I would be most obliged if you could contact our restaurant Manager on his email, restaurantmgr@achotelbelfast.com, to discuss this matter further.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 30, 2022

I would rate 3.5 if that was an option.

Upgraded due to status, spacious room. I appreciated the large porcelain mug for coffee/tea. There was a mini fridge in the room.

The room was clean but the shower needs a good scrubbing due to mold along the calking.

The AC hotel breakfast was not to my preference. The seats were filthy, only sunny side up eggs were offered. Basic UK breakfast with a few deli meals and dried out cheese slices. Breakfast is not included in rate. It costs 12£ if ordering at check in, 17£ if on the morning of. The only plus was that it opened at 06:30, convenient for early start.

Hallway carpets all stained. I do not understand why a hotel would choose a color or pattern that shows so much staining.

Parking was a little walk away. They validated for 50% off.

Date of stay: September 2022
Alannah Quigley, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2022

Dear Ann C,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent visit.

I have passed along your feedback to our housekeeping and F&B teams as we are always looking at ways, we can improve our guest experiences.

I can confirm we are currently in the middle of changing our carpets with floors 1,2,7 and 8 already completed along with our meeting rooms and guest stair way. We hope to complete floors 3,4,5,6 by the end of the year.

I hope you chose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Belfast.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2022 via mobile

I’m currently writing this at 4am unable to sleep because it’s raining!!! The metal in the building means that the noise in the bedroom is horrendous. I called reception asking if I could swap rooms, only to be told that all the rooms have the same issue in the rain. I asked it they could provide ear-plugs, and was informed that they had run out!!! If you are happy to take the chance that it won’t rain during your Belfast trip, then it seems a great hotel …. But for me, I’d rather not be so reliant on good weather for a good night’s sleep!!!

Room tip: Avoid if there is a forecast for rain!
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank 696catrionab

Dear 696catrionab,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback,

I would be grateful if you could contact me on Frontofficemgr@achotelbelfast.com to discuss this matter further.

Best wishes,
Fronr Office Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2022 via mobile

The accommodations and location are excellent, with well equipped rooms and good food and ambiance in the bar downstairs, but plenty within walking distance for those wanting to venture out. Very close to the airport and transit as well.

However, what made our stay exceptional was the cheery, thorough staff. We got in on a late flight, and after a mishap at the airport and navigating the chilly rain, we were so appreciative of the front desk attendant Stacy’s warm welcome. She quickly got us checked in and settled for a great stay, diligently taking care of our requests.

The hotel bar was great for a comfy night cap without having to brave the elements. Similarly, the staff were quite friendly, sharing good local recommendations for our visit.

Overall, very restful and pleasant stay. Will be back!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Alannah Quigley, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2022

Dear Tom_Haney

Wow - thank you so much for such fantastic feedback, I am delighted you had such an enjoyable trip.

I have passed along your kind comments to Stacey.

I hope we can welcome you back again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 14, 2022

I stayed here for a week and have nothing but praise for it. For the price it's brilliant. Reception was friendly and efficient, the room was a good size with river views, breakfast was tasty and generous and I ate in the bar in the evening twice and had really good meals. If you're very sensitive to noise (I am) I'd aim for the river side and in the middle of the hotel but you'll still hear the occasional plane out of city airport. It's not the most glamorous location (right next to the motorway) but is very convenient for the airport and for walking in to town. I used to always go to the Fitzwilliam but the AC will be my new regular. A lovely place.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear thehotelinspector,

Thank you for your fantastic 5* review.

I am delighted to read your kind word and to see that you had such a pleasant stay.

I look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,