“Average at Best ”
Review of Brooklyn SQ

Brooklyn SQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Brooklyn SQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,173 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy great food the Brooklyn way at Brooklyn SQ. Situated in the heart of Belfast’s Shaftesbury Square, the giant neon sign is where you’ll find the most delicious combination of American Italian food. From stateside burgers and ribs to authentic pizzas and pastas Brooklyn SQ is fully licensed and is ideally situated to nearby nightlife and cinema locations for party revellers, families or parties to enjoy seven days a week.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here on Easter Monday with my other half unfortunately didn’t find anything special.

Upon arrival the staff were pleasant and prompt. There did seem to be one waiter who throughout the duration was screaming at the top of his voice and could be heard anywhere in the restaurant.

We ordered the nachos with chilli to share to start. When they arrived the portion was good but the chilli on top was luke warm which was abit of a let down.

Our mains arrived, I ordered “the one” burger and my partner the chicken strips. The portions were very under whelming. I ordered the funky fries which again had chilli beef on top and again the chilli was luke warm. Even more disappointedly it was a very small bowl considering a side does not appear to be included with the £12.95 burger. I understand that the funky fries cost extra but £4.95 for the size of this portion is extreme. For the amount I received in my opinion they should have been included with the burger. My partner got 5 average- small size goujons which she said weren’t great. From what I could see there wasn’t much coating on the goujons. She had garlic and chilli curly fries for a side which she said were very good... again portion on the small side.

Overall it was a disappointing trip. This restaurant has nothing on its competitors such as blue Chicago or sugar rays etc who’s portions are bigger and outweighs them greatly in food standard. Brooklyn Square is equal in only one way... price. Our bill was just over £40.00 which is to be expected but for what we received I felt it was over priced.

Based on the standard of the mains we decided not to order dessert. On our way out we gave our payment to one staff member who was talking to another close to the door and neither acknowledged us just took the bill plate from us, this didn’t leave a great lasting impression.

Another point I noticed is that they appeared to be seating everyone in one section of the restaurant and some of the tables are extremely close together. Understandably it helps the servers out but we witnessed a lot of people asking to move.

Nice looking restaurant and pleasant staff but unfortunately the food doesn’t cut it... I don’t think we will be returning in a hurry.

1  Thank Grant R

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

American style food. Very friendly staff, food was exactly what we expected and plentiful. Will be back here for sure

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I just took my family to this fantastic restaurant, the menu here is excellent, food is excellent, and all the staff are very friendly, I couldn’t recommend it enough, well done to the chefs & all keep up the great food and excellent work !!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Ate here on a busy Saturday night. Was seated by friendly staff straight away. Many choices on the menu at slightly over priced but Belfast is a city after all. Good food quality and large portions. No complaints.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

A group of 3 friends ate at Brooklyn square last night.
We ordered a bottle of merlot, but after pouring we noticed 2 of the 3 wine glasses had lipstick marks. This was rectified by one of the waitresses.
We ordered the mushroom starter, and it was rock hard, and cracked into 4 pieces.
Clearly microwaved from frozen. We sent this back and asked that one was made from fresh. This didn’t happen, but a frozen mushroom was defrosted and heated up by microwave again. (U could tell as the breadcrumbs were soggy, and not crisp)It was edible, so wasn’t sent back.
Bruschetta wasn’t great either.
The pizzas however were fab, but unfortunately we were given 2 oily plates, with a film on the surface... sent back and replaced.
The garlic potatoes were in-fact herby Frozen potato cubes from the supermarket... also sent back.
Regrettably the standard of food from this restaurant has plummeted in the last 6 months, and we won’t be back.
Whenever the chef can’t even be bothered to make fresh mushrooms and garlic potatoes, it’s time to quit.
The waiting staff however were fantastic, and we left a £7 tip on a £43 bill.
But to be honest, they should’ve spotted the dirty plates and glasses.

1  Thank Richard M