“65a Dorset St”

Mocka Lounge Cardiff
Ranked #105 of 1,384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whether you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the office or step away from a long day shopping, let us take the strain and enable you to relax, catch up with friends or even have some 'you' time, the choice is all yours... Then, as night draws in, the dark and seductive side of Mocka slides into place combining smooth sounds, indulgent cocktails and unrivalled service, Mocka satisfies the deepest of desires.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Drew and Stacie were amazing hosts. Best Last Word I had in a long while. Amazing welcome and amazing service, even considering I have ordered something that was off the menu.

Nancy A, Public Relations Manager at Mocka Lounge Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thanks Kris, great to hear you enjoyed your visit and we hope you’ll join us again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Booked this venue for a hen do, can not fault it one bit! We was looked after so well, even to the point they happily got decorations for us as I couldn’t get there before the group! We had our own area so we wasn’t annoying the other customers.The food was great and drinks even better! Alanna and her team really made sure we had a great experience, thank you!! Recommend this 100%!

Nancy A, Public Relations Manager at Mocka Lounge Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. We're so glad that you and your fellow hens enjoyed Mocka Lounge. We'll pass your compliments on to the rest of the team and we hope you'll join us again next time you're in Cardiff.

Good luck with the wedding.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I visited Mocka on a Friday night with my friends. I visit Mocka whenever I go out in Cardiff and normally they put crisps/nibbles if you have a table. There was a bowl of nuts on the bar with a bowl of crisps next to them, as I was waiting to pay the bill for our table I took a small handful. (Because of my previous experience with Mocka, I genuinely thought the nuts were for customers) The waitress Caitlin came over and was very abrupt, almost telling me off as they turned out to be hers. I was very confused and told her I thought they were for customers. She came across nasty and quite aggressive, I honestly felt like I was in school being told off?! "Do they look like they are for customers/they aren't yours" and the other waitress who was working alongside her was being extremely rude too, trying to be intimidating. My friend could see I was very confused and came over to see what was going on. We left soon after paying our bill, and even whilst I was waiting for my friend by the door I was given a foul attitude by the other waitress (long dark hair) After answering her sarcastic comment about my friend, she walked away. I am not pleased at all, I think it's disgusting how I was treated as a person let alone a customer who realistically... is contributing towards their wages. I've worked as a bartender/waitress before for three years whilst in Uni therefore, I'm not one to complain, name drop or leave a review on trip advisor but Mocka really need to assess some of their staff members.

2  Thank Charlotte J
Nancy A, Public Relations Manager at Mocka Lounge Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Charlotte,

We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and we are addressing this with the people involved. Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that this is being taken very seriously.
Please email us directly and we will discuss the matter with you further.

Many thanks
Mocka Lounge

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Works night out. Had a couple drinks here. Good value on drinks, cocktails were delicious. Was served by Stacie who was most helpful. Thank you!

Nancy A, Public Relations Manager at Mocka Lounge Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

We're so glad you enjoyed and we hope you'll join us again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Brilliant service from Stacey.
Great food would come back! Nice atmostphere and great service, fantastic place to come in cardiff

Nancy A, Public Relations Manager at Mocka Lounge Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for the kind words. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Until next time,