“Yummy and friendly but too busy.”
Review of Juno Lounge

Juno Lounge
Ranked #234 of 1,326 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Juno Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The menu at the Juno Lounge is very inviting and has lots of options so is an ideal place for a mix of friends with a mix of tastes. The food was good - I had a yummy fish finger sandwich. Some of my friends ordered the steak ciabatta which was apparently a tad salty. There is a nice vibe and the place is well decorated and the staff are friendly.

One criticism would be that the Juno Lounge is very large but the amount of people they can fit inside is mismatched with the amount of people they can serve. They bite off more than they can chew. There are long waiting times as it is very popular. We had to wait 45 minutes. They were upfront about this which is fine but I feel that it would perhaps be better for them to offer fewer tables or expand the kitchen staff. Sometimes the large numbers they can hold is to the detriment of the quality of the food.

Very friendly and yummy nonetheless.

Matt L, General Manager at Juno Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks for the great review. Really glad to hear you enjoyed your food and service.

Wellfield Rd in general has become an incredibly busy part of Cardiff over recent years, and whilst we do our very best to adapt and welcome in more and more people every day, at times we do experience some extended waiting times, especially when those first glimpses of sunshine come out.

We are currently focusing on strengthening our team ready for the busy summer season ahead.

Thanks again for visiting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently visited the busy Juno Lounge again and whilst I have typically had good experiences, this time I left very disappointed. Besides having to wait some 30 minutes for a simple chicken burger and fries, my colleague ordered a salmon fish cake as a main meal - however the problem was there was very little, if any salmon, in it - mostly made up of potato it was all rather bland and tasteless and brown in colour - it lacked any crispness.My colleague said they had enjoyed much better in an M&S or Waitrose fishcake. I like Junos for the atmosphere and style but in future I'll advise people to stick to the staple burgers and not go too off piste. I'm sure they can do a lot better.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

It doesn't sound like we delivered our usual standards on this occasion whatsoever. Whilst we do incur a slight delay at peak times, we should always be keeping our guests in the loop in regards to any extended waits for meals. If this is something we've missed this time, then I do sincerely apologise.

In regards to your less than satisfactory Fishcake. Thanks very much for bringing that to my attention. It's quite a popular dish, so the last thing we want is it to be sending out a sud-standard frequent seller.
I'll be sure that our team will be re-visiting this particular recipe, and we'll be carrying out some frequent spot tests to ensure we're hitting the level of quality we should be.

Hope we see you soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very impressed! Gorgeous food, friendly servers and relaxed atmosphere, will come again. Extensive menu that will please almost everyone.

Matt L, General Manager at Juno Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us the great review.

Cheers,

Reviewed March 15, 2018

My friend and I popped in for drinks before dinner and I really enjoyed the cosy atmosphere. The bar staff served me quickly and they were very friendly. I have docked a point though for being given a dirty glass for my friend's beer as it doesn't really take much effort to have a quick look at a glass before giving it to a customer.

Matt L, General Manager at Juno Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! A nice cosy atmosphere is exactly what we're going for here so I'm thrilled you felt that way.

We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff so that's fantastic to hear that they ticked those boxes for you!

I can only apologize for the dirty glass and promise that the next time you visit it will be a 5 star experience!!

Once again thank you for the review, hopefully we'll see you back again soon.
Sophie

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Always a good meal and a nice atmosphere. Would recommend for a casual meal or drinks with friends and family.

Hey there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! I'm so pleased that you had a great experience with us. We're definitely a great place for a casual meal/drinks so thank you for the recommendation.

See you soon!