“An excellent experience”

Techniquest
Ranked #18 of 180 things to do in Cardiff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Interactive, hands-on exhibits make this science discovery centre the perfect destination for families.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited this excellent museum with my husband and our daughter (nine years old). We spent here about two hours and really enjoyed the visit. My daughter really likes interactive, hands on museums, and Techniquest did not disappoint her. She added her own review: "The museum is great! There are water activities, building activities, experiment activities and much more. The museum is great for kids. An activity I recommend is the one with the metal and the tennis ball. I rate it 5 stars".

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"gift shop"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Plenty of things to do but too many people had obviously been let it at once. It is totally overpriced for the adults, absolute madness. The only plus was the very kind hearted and pleasant lady in the gift shop.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with 3 kid (3yp, 6yo and 8yo) who all really enjoyed the experience. Went to a free show that demonstrated some experiments and is highly recommend. Great place for a rainy day in Cardiff!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve not been myself since a school visit some 30 years ago, today I bought my own family along and it’s fair to say we all enjoyed ourselves.

Advance ticket purchased, probably worth doing again, arrived at opening time and we’re glad we did, it filled up quickly within an hour.

A few (maybe 4 or 5) of the interactive exhibits were not available as they were awaiting maintenance. This number suggests there needs to be a better repair/maintenance programme than appears to be the case.

The staff were very helpful and explained a couple of the slightly less obvious attractions.

All in all for £28 for two adults and three children we had a really enjoyable couple of hours. The wristband they give you also allows you to go out and return, quite useful.

Would recommend, but encourage a better maintenance/repair programme on site.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Took our 3 y o here with grandparents and had an amazing time. Anywhere that can keep a child this age entertained for three hours is brilliant in my opinion. It was not the school’s holidays but there was a school in, however it was not too crowded. We’re able to move around easily and everyone adults included participated in the hands on activities. A science show was included. We saw an ‘egg’sellent show about....eggs. DD loved the experiments. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Ali0818