The Libertine Cocktail Bar
Open today: 12:00 PM - 12:30 AM
Review Highlights
They know.

I'd give 7 stars but TripAdvisor said no... On the off-chance, I tried my luck here. I'd had a... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
saucyboii
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile
Golden.

Awesome atmosphere, fantastic cocktails and a fab bar team. What more could you want?!! Stay golden... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
kimbarritt
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cardiff
from US$19.66
from US$75.82
from US$11.23
from US$37.14
More Info
All reviews table service mad hatters tea party quick drink cocktails portraits toilets
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2020

fabulous place, always visit when staying in cardiff. cocktails are amazing, never disappointed, staff are excellent, visited this weekend over 2 days, with lots of different drinks which were excellent, we booked 2 visits but managed to get in a 3rd at the end of our evening on saturday .... defo a must when in town - keep up the good work

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

Visited here on Saturday 13th September for a few cocktails and we were not disappointed. Not many cocktails on the list we were given but when my friend asked for something a bit different they made one and it was delicious. Staff were very friendly and helpful and although the bar is quite dark it had a really nice atmosphere and ambiance. Will definitely be back on our next visit to Cardiff.

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

We were in Cardiff a few weeks ago and everywhere was packed and booked in advance! We tried our luck at The Libertine, I think the server sensed our desperation and found us a table for an hour which was ideal as we only wanted a drink or two. Lovely ambience, friendly staff. Excellent choice of cocktails, below is the summer menu but there was also a full bar and full cocktail menu available.
I had an Early Grey cocktail and it was delicious! Very original.

Lovely place

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

One of the reasons I wanted to come to Cardiff was this bar, I saw it in advance on trip advisor and couldn’t wait to visit based on all the positive reviews. If you’re a cocktail fan then don’t waste your time. The menu was poor, drinks were very vague.. I asked what was in one of the few cocktails they had on offer and the waiter didn’t seem to know himself. When it arrived it tasted like a watered down tiki drink. The toilets were grim, the lock was broke on the one I went in.. toilet roll all over the floor, just not worthy of the rating it current has, wish I could’ve given a better review.

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

A very popular place. Specialising in cocktails. Prices as expected.
Quite dark inside for atmosphere. They mix the cocktails to order. I would recommend “Breakfast at Libertine’s” which comes with toast!
A visit to this place is a must on a night out in Cardiff!

Date of experience: March 2020