“beautiful area”

Kenfig National Nature Reserve
Ranked #4 of 26 things to do in Bridgend
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just been for a walk at this site. Beautiful. No horses, dog poo or doggers! A couple of good pubs near by you can visit afterwards if required.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"natural resources"
"beautiful beach"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A very nice place for a gentle stroll and see the wildlife.
Plenty of parking places when we visited but probably gets busier in the summer.

A lovely beach to spend time at with great views.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

A beautiful place . Great walks and dogs are allowed but must clean up after them . It is well looked after and is very interesting . Like I say
It's so peaceful and you can walk all the way through it to the coast .a very memorable day . Been going there for many many years . It's a great day put and wonderful for a family to relax and wind down

Reviewed March 3, 2018

This nature reserve is huge and unspoilt. The hide overlooks Kenfig Pool which attracts many bird species. The pool itself has a fascinating history and contains the remains of a medieval village. From there you can walk across unspoilt grasslands and sandunes to the sea. Wear sensible clothing and enjoy the freedom.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 14, 2018

I have been coming here since I was a kid, walks with my dad and dog, or picnics with my grandparents, and as I got older brought my kids here for picnics and walks with our dog. We are very lucky that we live so close by. It amazes me still it's beauty and no matter how many times I have been I always find somewhere new that I haven't been. It's a beautiful place and if you really like too go to the back of beyond as do I you will find yourself coming out on to Morfa beach with it's white sand beautiful beach, might find the odd nudist or bird lover but still it's worth a walk it's so quiet you won't have too worry about finding a good spot. Or you may end up down sker beach which is nice but has changed so much not as great as it used to be. And for all the big kids out there that love running up and down sand dunes you will love it as they are right next to the nature reserve. Stunning location , beautiful views and great place for a family or romantic picnic.