Review Highlights
A glorious day

Driving past I saw the sign and decided to pop in, wow what a surprise. There are some lovely walks... read more

Reviewed yesterday
William R
Lovely place. Strange man.

As a school group we were not accostom to men running around with flimsy shorts all dilly dally... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Eyitemis9014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews sker beach prince of wales steel works nature reserve sand dunes car park port talbot lovely place to go golf course lovely area to walk relaxed walk information centre flora and fauna bird watchers natural resources local authority can walk for miles
Reviewed 26 March 2018

A very nice place for a gentle stroll and see the wildlife.
Plenty of parking places when we visited but probably gets busier in the summer.

A lovely beach to spend time at with great views.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

A beautiful place . Great walks and dogs are allowed but must clean up after them . It is well looked after and is very interesting . Like I say
It's so peaceful and you can walk all the way through it to the coast .a very memorable day . Been going there for many many years . It's a great day put and wonderful for a family to relax and wind down

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This nature reserve is huge and unspoilt. The hide overlooks Kenfig Pool which attracts many bird species. The pool itself has a fascinating history and contains the remains of a medieval village. From there you can walk across unspoilt grasslands and sandunes to the sea. Wear sensible clothing and enjoy the freedom.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I have been coming here since I was a kid, walks with my dad and dog, or picnics with my grandparents, and as I got older brought my kids here for picnics and walks with our dog. We are very lucky that we live so close by. It amazes me still it's beauty and no matter how many times I have been I always find somewhere new that I haven't been. It's a beautiful place and if you really like too go to the back of beyond as do I you will find yourself coming out on to Morfa beach with it's white sand beautiful beach, might find the odd nudist or bird lover but still it's worth a walk it's so quiet you won't have too worry about finding a good spot. Or you may end up down sker beach which is nice but has changed so much not as great as it used to be. And for all the big kids out there that love running up and down sand dunes you will love it as they are right next to the nature reserve. Stunning location , beautiful views and great place for a family or romantic picnic.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

nature reserve and site of scientific interest. What you find is a site over run with dogs and dog poo. From the car park and all the way to the beach is splattered with dog mess. Even in the winter when visitor numbers are lower this is a problem. In the summer the smell and flies are something else. The rules about dogs on leads or picking up your mess are ignored and not enforced. It could be a proper nature reserve but beyond insects and birds on the lake I don't believe anything else could tolerate so many dogs. It's nice to get to the beach that is the usual victim of plastics, but the industrial landscape is good with the back drop of the dunes and hills is very good. Just mind where you step and if you don't like dogs or are frightened of them stay well away.

1  Thank Alan C