“All change at the Golden Mile!”

The Golden Mile Country Inn
Ranked #20 of 170 Restaurants in Bridgend
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Description: Dine. Drink. Unwind Offering a selection of innovative and traditional cuisine, using only the freshest locally sourced produce. During the winter months enjoy mouthwatering meals in our contemporary restaurant and in summer dine alfresco on our terrace and enjoy the rural views. Meet for drinks in our cosy pub where you will find a wide selection of ales and cocktails and a warm welcome
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a successful refurbishment this site has all the attractions required by a destination food house.

Plenty of interesting menu choices, including various fish and seafood options. Service is efficient. Portions are large including a Desperate Dan-size Pie of the Day. I couldn't eat all my home-prepared chips (sorry Mother). Vegetables cooked just right. Cooking is of a high standard, such as wild mushrooms with cream sauce on toasted brioche as a starter. Good value given the quality and portion sizes.

Minor niggles. Dining room a bit noisy, could add some soft furnishings? Also no need for the Muzac, as the happy chatter of contented customers should suffice. The unassuming entrance via some strange double doors leads to a bar with a huge television showing football. Oh dear! Don't be put off. As soon as you are shown to the large modern dining room, things improve.

This revised Golden Mile Inn deserves repeat visits.

1  Thank Tony D

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the restaurant on Good Friday to celebrate my birthday in total there were sixteen in our party, and was greeted by friendly and helpful staff. We were seated quickly and drinks orders taken. The choice of food on the menu was excellent infact it took a while to decide what to have as it all sounded lovely. when the food arrived it was well presented and tasted as good as it looked. everyone in our party really enjoyed their meals and I will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Lesley P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here for lunch with my daughter and family. The refurbishment is really lovely. So bright and open compared to how it used to be. The staff were lovely and friendly and the food was great. The menu has your usual pub food on, for example steak and ale pie, haddock in beer batter etc. But it has more besides, like rabbit stew, sea bass bass with roasted peppers, chorizo and roast potatoes which was really lovely. Something to suit everybody I would say. The food was cooked very well. Couldn't fault the place and will definitely go back again.

1  Thank Jean S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed a nice meal there with a mate early one evening. The three pork dish was very well made and they have Doombar ale, so all is good. The service was also very good. They spent a fortune on their refit and I could not put my finger on it. I guess when I visit a local roadway Pub, I expect it to have character and a different feel than a chain. This felt a bit too overdone. And while that seems a silly sticking point on a nice evening with good food and drink, it just felt a bit too trendy and out of place for the location. But I repeat, good food, drink and service so what do I know.

1  Thank DenisinWales
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well what can I say apart from ‘Excellent service, Wonderful Food, Reasonably priced and Delightful surroundings’ the staff were so attentive and friendly can’t wait to revisit in the Summer as the outside area also looked very inviting :))

1  Thank James S