“Friendly pub”

Ranked #12 of 26 Quick Bites in Bangor
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Pub
Reviewed 31 May 2021

We had dinner here one evening with our son. The staff were very friendly. We hadn't made a reservation but they found a way to fit us in, while respecting their good Covid set-up, and moved us to a better table as soon as they good, quite quickly. Good prices, and so much cheaper than London and Cambridgeshire which I spend more time. My steak was little more than fine but my wife had the same and thought very highly of it. My son's mixed grilled looked really good.

1  Thank msy_msy_msy
Write a reviewReviews (180)

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Out in Bangor to day looking for some where to eat with the mother in law an my twin girls that are two ... with the covid stop ✋ check in then go was so easy the beautiful lady helped with what we where doing to enter .. the policy with always wear your mask if not seated at the table .. again amazing ... the menu was limited but still very well done easy to pick .
The waiter him self was polite an was patient with my table ! Thank you again just amazing ..

The food yes was amazing an my girls where happy with every bite . The ice cream at the end was a help .

Clean safe happy

Thank you so much for to day . Amazing team you have .

************************

Reviewed 22 May 2021

We were visiting Bangor to check out son's university.
Starving and looking for somewhere to eat before going back to the Travelodge and we all really wanted somewhere a bit like Wetherspoon's but I am boycotting them.
Luckily we checked out this place and they squeezed us in.
Three excellent burgers later we can face the world again.

Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

The staff are very happy to help and polite, efficient.

The place in general was abhorrent,especially given the fact the proprietors of the business had 3/4 months to remodel or at least give it a deep clean...or even just a clean.
Toilets had cobwebs behind the door...and no, they were not woven over night.
The place is in general a pit.
If this is what it was like before CV19 then God help the place.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank Ream87
V2885JOsarahh, General Manager at The Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Hi Ream thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, i am disappointed to hear about the state of things when you visited. I will be bringing this issue up with our cleaners, we hope you give us another chance.
Regards Joseff.

Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

We looked for a nice pub following a hike in the Snowdonia national park and came across this. The staff are very nice and welcoming and provided water (and some attention) to our dog Stanley

Date of visit: August 2020
V2885JOsarahh, General Manager at The Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Thanks very much for your lovely review. I’ll pass on your kind words to the team. We hope to see you and Stanley again