“Worst food of my life”

Ranked #26 of 161 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pier Brasserie boasts a rustic, informal environment for dining out with friends or family. The restaurant offers a comprehensive range of meals that cater for a lunchtime snack to a three course evening meal, all offered with uninterrupted views over the spectacular Cardigan Bay. The unstructured nature of the restaurant means you can enjoy dining out in Aberystwyth for as much or as little as you like; or simply enjoy a relaxing drink at the bar.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

So me and my partner recently thought we would try out the sunday lunch here. Ive been disappointed with food here once before but i thought i would give it another go. Worst decision ever. Had the lamb roast, if you can even call it that. Looked like lunch meat bought from tesco, the roast potatoes were definitely bought they were hard and flavourless and the gravy was like a slightly brown oil mess. Cant even get gravy right! It was appauling ans i barely touched it. Also you only get 1 peice of broccoli?! What is that about. But anyway i will never ever eat here again its awful. A shame consdiering its a very pretty venue and the staff are friendly and nice.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Me, my boyfriend and my best friend popped in to the all you can eat pizza buffet! The service was incredible! The pizza was outstanding and the views were astounding! I will most definitely be coming back soon!!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Having been several times in the last few years I was extremely disappointed with our meals this evening. Prices had been reduced but this was clearly shown in the poor quality of the food presented.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Came here late on our final day of holiday. Waiter greeted us and provided excellent service. Had two starters (muscles and bread with olives) and both were perfect. For main we both had the special which was T Bone steak, chips and onion rings. Portions were generous and tasted great - best steak I have ever had. View over the sea was lovely. Thank you Pier Brasserie.

2  Thank Allan M
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I have never been to  Aberystwyth and was  really excited to visit the town with my partner. The town itself is lovely and it has vibrate art scence, interesting historic places and beautiful sceneries of the coast and rural landscape. I know, seaside towns have the best resturants from local produce, organic, to vegan food. So we pop into the most main attraction "Aberystwyth Pier". We decided to pop into Pier Brasserie and was greeted by middle age man with the most highest of customer service. We only ordered coffee and desert and it was fab!!! The lovely waiter told us about the evening menu and we couldn't resist his charm and decided come back later in the eve. So, evening came along and we couldn't wait to be wined & dined with great customer service and lovely food. My partner and I were greeted by a middle aged women who's customer service was okay, nothing like the out- standing customer service we had in the day. We sat down and the vibe and look of the resturant was lovely, it had a light wooden deco with a Mediterranean feel. The young waitress who served us was great, we ordered olives and Italian bread for starters and for mains I had seafood linguine and garlic bread as a side order, and my partner had pepperoni pizza. Nice and simple!!! So my olives and bread came at an ample time and the starter was lovely, untill i bit on something hard!!!! To my horror at first it looked like GLASS!!! I soon realised it was plastic, i then immediately call the young waitress over and she was very apologetic and order me a fresh plate of olives and bread. This time the wait was a little longer but all was well and the starter was lovely. So, our mains arrived at an ample time. I was disappointed with my main, it was of a small portion for around £9 a head, but again the seafood linguine was lovely and flaversome. The garlic bread looked cheap and very greasy,  not worth for a side dish you have to pay. I notice on the menu that a cheaper pasta dish came with garlic bread and mine didn't!!! I felt a cheated, I think Pier Brasserie needs to change their menu. FREE garlic bread with a more expensive pasta dish needs to be added!!!! My parnter's pizza was nice, fresh, but way too cheesey. We weren't even offered black pepper or parmesan this is suppose to be award-winning place.....this things are standard. The food is certainly not award-winning the only thing that was awarding- winning was the waiter who served us in the afternoon!!! I think some of the evening staff are not experienced enough, and the older women who served the beverages needs be less moody and have more of inviting personality. I'm speaking as a former waitress myself who took pride in high standard of customer service. In the end i got free garlic bread, yessss !!! I also notice your awarding winning plaques you put near to the entrance of Pier Brasserie, are for the best places to visit and for the quality of beer which is awarded up to 2016!! I think this is very miss leading for people who want high quality food and quailty customer service that is available in 2018!!! Maybe you should  put your Plaques somewhere else......??? The Pier itself is great well worth a visit but don't expect great food.