“Friendly attentive staff and very good food.”
Review of Light of Asia

Light of Asia
Ranked #26 of 158 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited the Light of Asia last night, restaurant was very busy, staff were friendly and attentive throughout our visit. The food was served piping hot and was very tasty. Our order comprised of Onion Bhajis, Karahi Chicken, Lamb Naga,sag aloo, pershwari nam and boiled rice, exceptional food. Will definitely be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Being a visitor to the area i did some research on which Indian takeaway comes up trumps. In at number one was this place. With plenty good reviews i deceided to give it a shot. making the 25 mile round trip to get it. I phoned ahead to order, no problems at all. Got our food upon arrival at the restaurant. Very nice attentive staff. the food itself was a tad of a let down. Portion sizes werent the best. the bag of salad we got was embarrasing. The meal was though tasty even though my Bhuna was not as dry as i am used to. So to summarise. the food was tasty but just not enough of it. Nan bread was tiny also and the lamb Samosas were like the ones you get from iceland. Small and bland.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a table for 2 at this restaurant we found the staff extremely friendly and seated us at our table. Drinks were swiftly brought to the table and popadoms and chutneys brought over.

We ordered our main course with a side each oh my goodness it was so good we were shocked at the size of the portions they were huge. The meal was outstanding and so tasty. We just could not eat everything. I could not recommend this restaurant more and we will most certainly be returning again.

Outstanding service and food thank you for such a wonderful meal

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Very cold Friday night we decided to go again to this lovely restaurant for our second visit while visiting our Son who is at the local Uni.
A second visit is a good indication of our thoughts of this lovely place, booking is advisable as its very popular.
The food is excellent, brilliant choice and an excellent service from a very friendly staff.
If you read any of my reviews you will know my obsession with how clean the toilets are?
The place is spotless and so are the toilets, which I strongly believe are an indication of a clean kitchen and well run facility and this restaurant is very clean.
Once again ewe had well presented hot food and if you like Indian food I highly recommend that you make a visit and enjoy

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

The food had lots of flavour and the portion size is very generous.
We shared a peshwari naan which tasted like fresh coconut and is probably the best nann I’ve had in an Indian restaurant.
The dips for the popsdoms tasted fresh and homemade.

The staff were very friendly.
The only reason it hasn’t received a 5 is because the table we were sat on was very awkward as we was on a corner and felt like we were basically eating dinner with the table next to us as we were that close. Also we were opposite the door so was quite cold during the meal.

Aside from the seating it was a very lovely meal and I couldn’t fault the food in any way.