“Nice for light bites and dinner”
Review of Lygon Wine Bar

Lygon Wine Bar
Ranked #26 of 40 Restaurants in Broadway
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited here for dinner on a very chilly Easter Saturday. The fire was lit which was lovely. We were seated at a high table with four high stools, great for conversation. We shared a sharing platter of meats which was very good. I had the crab and parsley linguine which was full of crab and full of flavour. My daughter had pizza which was good and my other daughter had meatballs which she enjoyed. The service was good and it was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is an atmospheric dining space and the food was enjoyable. However on a cold evening the table we were shown to was in a draft every time the outside door opened. We were staying in the hotel in a suite and booked three weeks before through the hotel and we didn't feel this was the pick of the tables. Fortunately a table became vacant and we were able to move by the fire. I think the outter door needs to be kept closed and/or a heater installed over the door. If booking I would recommend asking for a table on the righr of the door (when going in) or in the back of the wine bar

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We needed to have a stop for a glass of refreshment. After A few very nice glasses of Alberino and a bowl of large soft tasty olives we left suitably satisfied and refreshed. The wine bar is decorated in a very dark colour which really suits the building. But the colouring must come into its own at night and become very atmospherict. There are some lovely comfy seating areas and bar stool spots too. Lovely fireplace as you would expect in a building of its age. Very relaxing. (Just a personal opinion I feel it Could do with some candlelights on the table even in the daylight just to soften the dark colour and create more atmosphere for daytime, with a little flickering light,) I did really like what they how they had decorated though.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch. Limited menu but the game stew was delicious. Wine bar full of character with log fire & wooden beams. Friendly, efficient service. Not cheap.

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Dear Mike T, thank you for your lovely kind words following your recent lunch. I was delighted to read you enjoyed our game stew and our lovely roaring fire, much needed at the moment.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Having had a late lunch and knowing we were in for a lunch to remember the following day we just wanted to snack on Thursday evening.
We had previously tried the Lygon Wine bar and had enjoyed the evening.
My wife had the pizza which was very nice but it was bigger than she expected so I had to help after eating a starter of carpaccio which was delicious followed by the Fish Pie. We also ordered a separate portion of fries.
I ate both my dishes and followed with a date & toffee pudding. All washed down with a bottle of Viognier at a good price.
Not the best meal but starter good and Fish Pie would have been a 4 star if it had been moist rather than a little dry .

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Dear David R, Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read you found our carpaccio and pizza to be delicious and that you found our Viognier good value for money. rest assured I shall pass on your comments on these dishes and on our fish pie to Chef.