Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel
US$99
US$88
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshopping centretravel lodgecar parktrain stationgreat locationfamily roomroom was cleanking edwardmulti storeyrooms are basictop floorsat navyour doorstepvisiting legolandmin walkbars and restaurantsper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a freezing day spent in Legoland my husband and I were given a very friendly welcome. Check in was speedy and it seemed only a few minutes before we were in our room. The room was as you would expect a Travel Lodge to be, it was clean, spacious (as we were given a family room) and consisted of everything we needed for a one night stay. The Travel Lodge is very convenient for the shopping centre and Castle.
I would like to express a big thank you to all the staff at this Travel Lodge. I mislaid my purse that weekend, checked all the places we had visited that day and had given up ever finding it. Three days later, after returning home, I received a phone call to say that Housekeeping had retrieved it from the room. The purse was posted immediately to me by recorded delivery, everything was intact and no additional charge was made. Thank you one and all. Jayne

Room Tip: Room 821 had a view over the rooftops to the castle.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jayne C
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

It's a 2* hotel and that's accurate. Once you find it (which isn't easy), it is well situated for sightseeing and an evening out. The quality of the room is average at best and it could do with fresh paint on the walls and ceilings. The duvet cover finds itself exposing the duvet which isn't the nicest as the cover is meant to be clean part on your skin. Bathroom could have done with some maintenance as the water pressure was lacking out of the shower head.
Oddest question when you ask for an iron - would you like an ironing board too! :-) we found it funny, what did he think I was going to do with it, haha.
We didn't eat breakfast here as it was well located to eat nearby for what we thought would be a better alternative, so can't comment of how it would have been.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam S
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at our Windsor Central hotel.

It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. We were disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us.

Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, we do thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We thank you again for this review and hope that this recent stay will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I'll keep it short and simple. If you're a first timer in Windsor, please read the instructions to get to this travelodge in their website, which i didn't do. I reached Windsor around 10pm and drove in circles around the town (with waze and satnav) looking for it for an hour. There's no signage indicating the hotel whereabouts (but the view of Windsor palace at night was astounding). And if you asked "why don't you just ring them for directions?".... well I did. I finally parked somewhere free for the night (library's carpark) and searched it for another half an hour with my family ... and luggages ... walking in the middle of the night ... in the cold drizzle .... before I found it. It is located right in the middle of windsor royal shopping centre besides the train station. You need to walk to get to reach this hotel. There's a multistorey carpark near it, the hotel will give you a £12 for a 24h parking instead of £20++. The plus points were (1) that they gave me two rooms with the palace view (you could request for this) on the top floor. That cooled me down definitely. (2) the hotel is near to everything in windsor, within walking distance (you need to get a map) and (3) its pretty quiet and relax surrounding even i was here on a weekend.... that's it ... not so short and simple after all.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Syd D
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I booked this hotel for 2 nights and absolutely fell in love with it. I had a hard time finding it, it is hidden well! It is within an open air mall and right across the street from Windsor Castle. The location couldn't be more perfect, the staff is incredible and the breakfasts were great. Everything is walkable from this location. (we actually stayed here in May 2016 for the Queen's Birthday party celebration during the Royal Windsor Horse Show).

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2018

The location of this hotel is great, it is right in the middle of all the shops and restaurants. The bed wasn't completely comfortable and I had trouble sleeping properly. The shower was nice but the shower gel was not great and the holder was in completely the wrong place when having a shower but great if having a bath. There was plenty of choice for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple