1,107 results
All reviews white hart privilege room car park no lift central location per day lovely hotel four poster bed eggs benedict reception staff wedding party old building wedding reception couple of nights hotel restaurant town centre afternoon tea
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We had booked last October for a July two-night stay in an executive room. Excellent value. Large room on the road side but very quiet with the secondary glazing. (Privilege rooms have aircon but our fan was more than adequate.) Parking and position are the two big bonuses, and you can stay in the carpark for the rest of the day after checkout. An evening snack in the courtyard was a highlight and a special mention for barman Tim who was ubiquitously efficient throughout our stay with friends.

Room Tip: Worth paying more for executive or privilege.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex450212
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Alex450212

Thank you so much for your kind review following your recent stay with us in July at the White Hart Hotel set in the heart of the city of Salisbury.

I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with both Tim and the rest of team for the service they provided throughout your stay and it was good to read that you were able to relax and enjoy the courtyard area during the wonderful weather we have been having of late.

We very much hope to be able to welcome you and your friends back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The hotel is in walking distance of everything you want to see in Salisbury itself, as well as restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a/c. Ask for this specifically if it's important to you; it may or may not be available.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Dear Timothy M

Thank for choosing the White Hart Hotel set in the heart of the historic city of Salisbury.

It was wonderful to read that you had a comfortable stay and were well looked after by the friendly and helpful team. You are correct that the hotel is well situated and is in easy reach of the attractions, restaurants and shops that the city has to offer.

Both the team and I look forward in welcoming you back to Salisbury in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This is a really historic old coaching inn, full of character. If you are looking for modern amenities it is probably not for you, but I think it has fairly recently been taken over by Mercure and renovation is still in progress. The downstairs lounges are nicely decorated and very comfortable and there is a lovely courtyard garden. There is no lift, but staff offer to carry luggage. The furniture in my room was outdated and there was a horrible thick, lumpy duvet, but the sheets were clean and the room had been recently painted. It had an iron and ironing board and good Mercure toiletries. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and a good bar menu for informal dining, including 24-hour room service for some items. The location is really great for events at the cathedral or for shopping in town.
The highlight of the hotel for me was the level of customer service, particularly from the evening barman - even though he was under pressure because loots of people came in from a concert and wanted room service when he was on his own in the bar, he could not have been more helpful. Staff on the reception desk too were really nice and smiley, and I had a sense that they were working very well as a team, helping each other out with different tasks when a large coach party arrived. I would definitely stay at the White Hart again simply because the staff made me feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Quiter rooms are at the back, but it's a city centre hotel so none are really quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Clare S
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Clare S

Thank you so much for all of your kind words for the team here at the White Hart Hotel.

I was so pleased that the team made the stay enjoyable for you and that the services offered at breakfast and in the evening in the bar met with your expectations, rest assured I will be sharing your review with them all as we continuously strive to improve the quality of services we offer.

I will also ensure that the Housekeeping department review the linen quality so that we may rectify accordingly and prevent future occurrence.

We look forward in welcoming you back when you next return to Salisbury.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

THE HOTEL IS NOWHERE NEAR 4☆☆☆☆ AS ADVERTISED!!!

☆Booked for special occasion, which was kind of surprise for my partner, but the staff loudly announced on the arrival...
☆The hotel is very tired and need decorating
☆I have paid online for late check -out which they said couldn't see on their system, so don't waste your money
☆The air conditioning only on the ground floor they have informed, but advertise that facilities are air-conditioned on their own website (Misleading information), I have mentioned to them on a few occasions, but they still keep advertising. Which means "Deliberately misleading information"
☆The room I booked looking at the pictures wasn't the room we were given. They gave us a basic room with no air-conditioning, tiny and have offered a partial refund as the actual room we booked they have given to the weeding people who stayed at the time.... I don't thing they understood, this weekend stay was booked for the special occasions, not a basic night stay as we leave an hour away... I was really ready to go home... There were no other rooms available.. so I have been forced to leave and look for something else to stay.... bare in mind I planned for 3 months this stay....
☆The refund has been given after chasing them for a while
☆The chocolate on the bed leaked, that how hot it was... and the room was directly on the road so we couldn't open even a window due to the noise.
☆The staff was rude and not helpful
☆The manager was Very Rude and kept over talking me while I was trying to explain what has happened and I needed explanation why all this happened. So she hang up on me and never was available to speak again... Purely luck of Management skills and communication if cannot deal with regular complaint which was caused by the hotel. I still awaiting for the at least apologies which have not received through this experience
☆Rooms don't look anything like on the pictures...

STAY AWAY, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME/ MONEY OR ENERGY AS REALLY NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Some chocolate any one???

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bozena B

Dear Bozena B

Thank you for taking the time in letting us know of your experience, I am aware of the concerns you raised both at the time with the Reception team and with the Front Office Manager during a telephone conversation.

Firstly I understand that you were disappointed and after discussing this with the Receptionist on duty at the time she managed to arrange via the booking agent to cancel the room and arrange the refund from them, I also understand that she assisted in reserving alternative accommodation for you.

The hotel is located in the heart of the city of Salisbury and is a popular destination for both leisure and business guests alike who wish to have access to all that the city and surrounding countryside has to offer.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify a few points for all future guests, the hotel offers rooms with air-conditioning (manually controlled) and rooms with fans (manually controlled) and as you rightly mentioned the current heat wave, although great weather for some is rather hotter than most of us are used to in the UK. Both the website you reserved the room with and the ACCOR website states that most rooms have A/C for the room type you reserved and that there is manual temperature control.

I understand that you spoke with the Front Office Manager in my absence who indeed apologised for the inconvenience caused to your stay in that you were disappointed with the 4-poster executive room reserved for you, however although when speaking with you she was told to 'shut up' by you and ended up finishing the conversation. Although I am disappointed that the call ended abruptly and rest assured I have spoken in length in concerns to customer service with the team, I am further disappointed that she was not able to continue her conversation.

Thank you once again for your review and allowing me address the concerns raised.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Lovely central hotel with cosy rooms and a very nice design. Close to the cathedral. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was nice and clean. The breakfast excellent and the venue has a fantastic garden to relax.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Anonymous-123456123
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Anonymous-123456123

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent enjoyable experience at the White Hart Hotel in the heart of the medieval city of Salisbury.

The hotels location is ideal for the city centre and cathedral and is a great base for exploring the surrounding Wiltshire countryside, and when returning take advantage of the great summer weather and relax and enjoy a drink in the courtyard garden.

I will share your kind words with all of the team as we continuously work to improve the levels of service that we offer at the hotel and hope that we can deliver another lovely stay when you return to the area.