“Lovely ”

Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a Saturday afternoon with my hubbi .. we wanted afternoon tea .. were seated straight away and came to take our order quickly as we knew what we wanted ..sat in a lovely area away from the main bar area which can get quite busy so was glad .. ordered the champagne afternoon tea for two .. it arrived fairly quickly ... our lattes were brought out along with our champagne then the rest .. looked pretty impressive with a good selection of cakes and sandwiches .. everything was lovely and fresh.. loved the mini brioche sandwiches .. we had crab ,salmon, egg ,chicken ,4 different desserts and 2 scones each served with butter and jam ..we ordered more drinks .. I had a gin cocktail which was delicious and hubbi had a beer .. a very enjoyable experience and not a bad price .. staff were very helpful and pleasant .. will definitely go again at some point ... the food passing our table looked and smelled delicious .

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi

Wow, thanks you for a such a wonderful review! My team will be delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit.

Be sure to download our Browns Privilege app where you can get some great loyalty offers for your next visit, and a £10 gift code just for signing up!

Matt, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful building let down buy extremely boring, tasteless food. Like many casual dining chains the food is bland and overpriced. The pasta we had was so dull - could have been out of a bag as far as I could tell. Not sure why people are prepared to pay £13 for such poor food.

Hi

We're really disappointed that you did not enjoy your food on your recent visit.

We are always focusing on our food quality and your feedback will certainly be passed back to my team. We have seasonal menu changes, where new dishes are added to our menu every few months so I really hope you choose to come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve used this place twice as the final pit stop before home on our nights out in the city. There’s always a nice chilled out feeling to the place. Service is good and it’s clean and comfy. Enough said really.

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi

We're delighted you've enjoyed your recent visits!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Browns Leeds

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After our last visit we were really looking forward to Lunch on Easter Sunday. Unfortunately my husband had to send his starter back as it was cold (Pulled shoulder of lamb croquettes) the replacements were lovely and tasty & hot! I had asparagus with poached egg and Parmesan shavings, which was very nice. My husband had the Pork Belly & I had beef Sunday Lunch. With the exception of the potatoes, everything was just warm enough to eat, but not as hot as we expect. Disappointed really that it didn’t compare with our previous visit.

Hi Angela

Many thanks for your feedback. I will certainly pass your feedback onto our kitchen team.

I really hope you choose to give us another try in the near future - why not download our Browns Privilege app for some great loyalty offers to use?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited this bar/restaurant on Friday for pre theatre drinks and dinner. Great atmosphere and delicious and reasonable early dinner menu. Great place to go before the theatre.
Enjoyed it so much that I went back the following day with family for full dinner.

Hi Carl

Wow, many thanks for the glowing review! We are delighted you enjoyed your visits!

Be sure to download our Browns Privilege app for some great offers for when you visit again!