“Excellent food, Excellent service”
Review of Akbar's

Akbar's
Ranked #296 of 2,263 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited akbars in leeds on 2nd april. The food was fantastic and certainly couldn’t have been any better. The staff were very friendly. Excellent fast service. Will definitly be coming back again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Absolute joke....ordered several dishes but i had chicken tikka masala...i also ordered a side of bombay potato....the bombay potato never arrived and the tikka masala tasted so hot as if the bombay potato had been mixed in it...when i complained they said they would change it...the second chicken tikka masala tasted like chicken mixed with tinned tomato and mashed potato...discusting...if you cant get a simple dish like this right I'd give up...i begrudgingly handed over £50 for awful food....and it was my wedding anniversary so not amused...won't ever go back

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have always eaten here for the last 5 years and the food was always amazing however, based upon last night's visit whereby we ordered a Balti & a Karahi chicken, both dishes appeared to be the exact same curry which is rear from previous experience.

Notwithstanding the dishes were very oily and not as tasty as they usually are. Service is always good though.

Not sure if there are different chefs but note to manager.....whatever you've changed recently, revert back to how it was, we will be reluctant to come back until you do.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Such an amazing restaurant. Fabulous food and so flexible and accommodating.
We arrived to a pre booked table for 20 and ended up being 37! They moved heaven and earth to accommodate us.
The staff are sooo friendly and funny.
I can’t rate this restaurant highly enough!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I have previously eaten at Akbar's in York, and my memory of it was that it was an enjoyable meal, so when I was in Leeds for the evening I decided to eat there.

It was very busy (on a Saturday night just before Christmas), and I didn't think that I would get in. I assume that they were able to find a space for me because I was by myself, but it was certainly popular.

However, I was a little disappointed with my meal. These things are subjective, and looking at other reviews I seem to be in the minority, but I didn't enjoy the food as much as I usually do at an Indian restaurant. It wasn't bad, but didn't have quite enough flavour for me.

I wouldn't avoid Akbar's particularly, but would certainly try somewhere else next time I am in Leeds.