“You’ll need to remortgage to afford this place”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #185 of 278 Quick Bites in Leeds
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Having visited the white rose shopping centre we were looking for food options and fancied a burger. We walked into a shambles of a restaurant if you can call it that, it wasn’t clear if you sit down and someone will take your order or if you order yourself and then sit down. This may seem daft but I’ve never been before so it’s all new to me. After standing around quite awkwardly a member of staff came over and instructed us to go and order them pick a table, the pressure for you to order as quick as possible is crazy so my order was somewhat rushed and panicked. We had two rather plain cheese burgers in the end along with some Cajun fries and two cokes. We didn’t wait long for our food but when it arrived it was seriously underwhelming and not very hot! The cost of the meal was £30 yes £30 for two burgers, one portion of chips and two cokes. Now for that kind of money I’m expecting big things but ultimately it was a complete rip off. £4.50 for a portion of fries is daylight robbery. The fact they charge all this money and you have to do the work in terms of ordering, getting your own drink and then seating yourself is ridiculous for the money being charged. Basically if you fancy a burger and chips then head to McDonald’s that’s far better value in comparison. I won’t be back and would strongly recommend that unless you have excessive amounts of cash you don’t bother either!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (43)

Reviewed 14 October 2020

I'd like to say how lovely the staff (three young men) at the White rose shopping Centre branch were when I visited yesterday (13th October 2020)at around 4.15pm. The young man serving at the til went above and beyond when serving myself an my young toddler and was really incredibly kind and helpful. The place was spotless and they were cleaning continuously which is great to see. I hope this gets passed onto their manager as I really was impressed with how professional, helpful and kind the staff were.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 3 August 2019

For a treat we decided to have a boys night out so I took my 2 sons here as they had both said they wanted to try it. We went to the counter & ordered our burgers & Hotdogs & Fries, you have a large choice of toppings you can pick from that all come in with the price, once ordered your food is freshly made so prepare for a little wait, during this time you find a table & get your drinks, we got an unlimited coke freestyle drink which you fill yourself from the machine with whatever drink you want, we also went for a Milkshake, which again you have a large choice of filling, my son went for Oreo, Peanut butter & Bacon!!!, also while your waiting you can help yourself to monkey nuts. When your food is ready they call your number which is on the top of your receipt, we went for the large Fries with our meal which they say can feed 4 & their was plenty. The Burgers & hot dog were very tasty & the atmosphere of the place was very chilled, we had a great time & the kids thought the food was amazing, we had a good time, only downside for me as a Yorkshireman was the price, Fast food , 2 burgers, a hot dog, large Fries & 2 drinks for £40, I almost fainted......

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Itsastakesything
Reviewed 31 July 2019

Picture this cosy night in waiting to watch the love island final, decide on a cheeky 5 guys (going all out) from deliveroo got told the order would arrive at 2240 only to be messaged by the restaurant at 2244 that our order had been cancelled. :O absolutely fuming, ruined my night.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Culture196249
Reviewed 23 June 2019

Straightforward ordering and nice friendly staff.We were expecting it to be more pricey than other fast food burger type establishments.Limitless soft drinks which is good.The chips were proper chips and tasty.We were advised by the staff that one portion was enough for two and it was.
The quality of the buns cannot tolerate the fillings so they disintegrate!
The combination of the water on the salad ; oil on the "patty" and bread in the bun lead to a messy experience!
Drier fillings and a better bread consistency would have been awarded with a "5" rating.

Date of visit: June 2019