4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Trip.com$185
Travelocity$155
eDreams$130
1,093 results
All reviews car park priory park third floor bar and restaurant lovely hotel chichester harbour restaurant manager high street steam room two night stay wedding party stayed here for one night town centre full english breakfast enjoyable stay breakfast was excellent theatre
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2021 via mobile

What a lovely find..
We have stayed at many of the other hotels in this chain but the one in Chichester for me is just that bit extra special..
Nestled on the corner of a street within walking distance to the town centre, I would say it's a gorgeous boutique hotel with lovely staff throughout.
The decor is lovely and elegant, the room we had was superb.
It was the little touches that I appreciated on my birthday, the special treats in our room and the fact that the reception staff knew straight away and wished me happy birthday.
It was the manager greating us at the doorway and asking how our day was, it was the restaurant
staff smiling and wishing us a good day and the bar staff being so friendly as we sat and discussed gins.
Huge recognition goes to how brilliant all their staff were, I was honestly impressed.
We're already planning our next stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TasTen79
Adam Lawson, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2021

Dear TasTen79

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, I'm so glad you had great Birthday and the team was able to make it a special visit. Its great to hear you are planning your return stay, if myself or the team can be any assistance please do contact us on adam.lawson@harbrouhotels.co.uk

Reviewed November 10, 2021

This was our second visit to the Chichester Harbour Hotel, and we liked it just as much as the first time. The hotel is very comfortable with great beds, nice toiletries, and good sized rooms. The spa is small (just a steam room and jacuzzi bath) but on both our visits we had it to ourselves. Breakfasts are generous. The location is good - the hotel is just on the edge of the city centre, next to a park and city walls. However, what really makes the place for me are the staff who are friendly, welcoming and very helpful.

The one downside is the very small carpark, which fills up quickly leaving others to have to park in a nearby NCB carpark.

Date of stay: November 2021
Adam Lawson, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2021

Dear Shelley Saldon,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We very much appreciate your feedback, especially the comments on the team. This is great to hear as they are our greatest asset. We hope to be able to welcome you back again at some point in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 5, 2021 via mobile

I booked a two night stay here with a friend to enjoy a special (bucket-list) break away, because their website displayed the type of luxury, comfort and quality service I was looking for, particularly as I have specific health needs.

Good points:
Lovely old building, beautifully refurbished.
Grand entrance and architectural areas.
Great art in the restaurant.
Majority of staff really accommodating and helpful.
Spa service and treatment brilliant and willingly gave a bespoke treatment.

Not so good:
Housekeeping. I was asked beforehand if I was happy for my room to be serviced. I was more than happy because of my health needs. Unfortunately this was less than satisfactory. There was dust, the room needed vaccuming, the bed was not made up properly as one would expect in this class of hotel.
No separate quiet areas to sit without noise drifting through from bar/restaurant/reception.
Small milk sachets inadequate, cheap and difficult to open.
Ordered a single scallop appetiser which was significantly smaller than each of the three scallops in my friends starter.
Staff didn't know what a Cortado coffee was, and 2/3 times my requests for particular food/drink were not fulfilled.
Unitemised over-charged bill at the end caused a lot of confusion.

Overall, I was less than satisfied and left the hotel feeling rather flat and disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Adam Lawson, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2021

Dear BRBUK,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really do appreciate your feedback. Please could I ask that you contact me directly in order for me to gather some further details from you as its great to read the good points however myself and the team would like to develop and work on the not so good points. I can be reached on adam.lawson@harbourhotels.co.uk
Thank you once again and I look to hearing from you in due course.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 26, 2021 via mobile

We had a spa morning costing £88 p/p
Positives: the staff in the spa were absolutely brilliant - a credit to the hotel! My massage was really good and the therapist listened to what I wanted and tailored the 45 min massage.
The lunch was really tasty and the service again was brilliant. The whirlpool and beds in the spa are great.
What wasn’t so great: we were expecting a similar standard of spa to the harbour hotel in Southampton as it’s got a big pool, sauna and plenty of fresh air - this one was very small, changing rooms lovely but cramped - but having said that, it was only us and one other couple in there. The whirlpool is lovely but you can’t swim in it, the steam room wasn’t hot on the two times we tried it. I also slipped and fell on the steps causing a nasty bruise on my back - no ones fault other than my own possibly but maybe a hand rail or more regular cleaning of the water? Again though - the spa lady ran in to make sure I was okay. An scheduled fire alarm made us jump up and go outside too - perhaps plonk a sign up when this is going to happen again? Changing rooms were also very very small - but okay as only two of us i there
Would we go again? Yes if there was a deal on probably but not at £88 p/p
The staff deserve every credit though as they were fabulous

Room tip: Be careful as not a lot of parking - we were lucky to get a space
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Adam Lawson, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2021

Dear Campsitechick

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we very much appreciate your feedback, especially the comments on the team. This is great to hear as they are our greatest asset. In relation to the layout of the spa unfortunately this is due to the layout of the building and being a grade 2 listed building. However we of course will take on board your comments and look to improve and develop. We very much hope to be able to welcome you back again at some point in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 23, 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and so got a good feel for hotel, we stayed in room 21 right at front of hotel room was not large but adequate, bed was ginormous well appointed, bathroom small but also well appointed, what lets the room down is it desperately req double glazing or secondary glazing as street noise at night is irritating and could be worse at week ends and summer, it also req ventilation as windows seriously dripping with condensation in mornings not what you expect in a 4* facility, parking is restricted (first come)
Breakfast is good and wide variety, we also ate in restaurant with relatives and it was impressive bar area is good nice and comfy staff excellent
Great location right in heart of city and pleasant walk into town or railway station great location for theatre

Room tip: Do not book unless room at rear
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank scousekeith
Adam Lawson, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2021

Dear Keith,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we very much appreciate your feedback. Myself and the team will take on board all of your comments and hope to learn from this and develop as a team to succeed in the high standards we thrive to deliver. We very much hope to be able to welcome you back again at some point in the not too distant future.