“Delicous at home food box”

Gourmet Food Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 672 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$6 - US$62
Description: Serving brunch and bagels, with everything from tge bagels to the sausages and black pudding made on the premises Fine dining seven course menu every friday and saturday served on one long chefs table with a menu changing every month
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whilst not being able to eat in restaurants, we took advantage of the GFK at home food box. The food was easy to prepare and plate up (with video instruction). In these current times its so nice to be able to enjoy things like restaurant quality food at home, and it was nice to spend a few minutes plating up attractive looking, fine dining style food, without having to spend hours in the kitchen making it . The menu itself was full of flavour and delicious, the tendorloin was tasty and veg was vibrant and flavoursome, and I could have eaten the raspberry, white chocolate and vanilla cheesecake again and again. Looking forward to more boxes, and a face to face visit when things are fully open!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (305)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking for a special meal for my 50th birthday and a friend recommended Gourmet Food Kitchen for one of the Gourmet boxes at home. Oh my goodness! The meal surpassed all my expectations and was absolutely amazing. The starter of Home Smoked Chalk Stream Trout, Compressed Cucumber & Pink Grapefruit was absolutely delicious. Followed by the excellent main course of Rump of Lamb, Roasted Cauliflower, green beans, Potato Terrine and Salsa Verde. I cook lamb often but not like this. Simply melted in the mouth.
The dessert of Chocolate Torte , Orange Compote and a Grand Marnier Cream finished off a very special birthday meal beautifully. The whole meal was delightful and Tony went the extra mile to provide the meal on a bank holiday to make my lockdown birthday perfect for me. I can’t recommend the restaurant enough and cannot wait to visit when we are able to.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

Before the pandemic we regularly visited Fargo Village and we have enjoyed Tony's hand raised pork pies and sausage rolls during lockdown but we have never eaten at one of his gourmet supper evenings so we decided to try one of the meal boxes at home. We enjoyed the Mother's Day box....the starter of Ham Hock Terrine with Piccalilli and Burnt Apple was simply sublime. Quality ham full of flavour and not overly salty served with the wonderful tangy Piccalilli which was perfectly balanced by the burnt apple puree. Next up the main course....a succulent piece of beef served simply with purple sprouting broccoli and the best mash I have had. To finish off we enjoyed a dessert which provoked childhood memories for both of us....a perfect custard tart with perfectly sweetened Rhubard topped with a decadent Chantilly cream and rhubarb sauce. I cannot fault anything....my photos do not do the food justice. If you get the opportunity to get a gourmet box please grab it and enjoy the gorgeous food prepared by a very talented chef.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 14 March 2021

We received this as a gift. The packaging, the instructions and more importantly the food were amazing. I cannot praise this highly enough. My husband was ohhing and ahhing over the ingredients. And to be able to heat and eat in your own home food of this quality is such a treat. I can’t wait to be able to visit in person.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Ordered a gourmet nights in box this week and it was absolutely superb from start to finish, highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2021