“Great place”

Loki Wine Merchant and Tasting House
Ranked #1 of 17 Food & Drink in Birmingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Loki is Birmingham's only wine tasting experience, and offers customers the opportunity to try up-to 40 wines via our state-of-the-art wine tasting machines. You can relax in our comfortable lounge area, or soak in the atmosphere in our downstairs wine shop/tasting room.
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Lovely new and very stylish place. Only had drinks this visit, but will be back for snacks very soon!

1  Thank Judy S
"sofas"
"venue"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 20 February 2018

A great night of wine tasting. Very couth and relaxed atmosphere. Most impressed with the hospitality and wine knowledge of Dave- exceptional service.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited after being bought prosecco tasting afternoon. We arrived and helped ourselves to self service wine before heading upstairs to the lovely welcoming seating area for the prosecco tasting class to begin. It started about 12.30 finished around 2. There were 6 proseccos we sampled all varied in taste fizz and quality and we left being far more informed. The style of the sommelier was casual and put you at ease it was informally informative which suited the setting and audience. I would have preferred a little more depth of information eg: he referred to champagne being made differently but didn’t mention how, which I knew, but peoples faces in the room showed they didn’t and as he alluded to the difference a few times I think he could have explained it. For £35PP the servings were smaller than I was expecting and it would have been nice to have a few nibbles however these are my only moans, overall we really enjoyed it and may look at a wine and cheese tasting event as we liked the environment and style of the guy leading.

2  Thank Brummy_foodie2016
Reviewed 11 February 2018

What a great place. Our friends had booked two sofas in the corner, and some platters of cheese and meat with bread and crisps, we charged up our cards, tried some great wines, and had a wonderful few hours. Couldn't have wished for a better way to spend a miserable, grey February late afternoon. We were in another world!