“somewhat different”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First experience at this type of eatery. Went at lunch time and it not overly busy. The person showing us to our table was very friendly, and explained how it all works for you. So, went to the salad bar, Must say, the selection is different to other buffet restaurants I have visited, so I made a small selection just in case as I hate wasting food, went back to the table and waited to see what happens next. Along comes a 'Passador' with chicken wings and thighs on a skewer, asks if you would like some and puts two on your plate. Thanks you nicely and moves on. A little while later chicken hearts. bit chewy for my taste so only had the one he gave me. Then Chicken breast chunks, had two of those. Pork sausages were next to come round. My partner had one to try and when she cut into it was still pink in the middle, so that got left. then it was small chunks of not high quality steak in a very large skillet. Tried two of those but they were tough and chewy so they got left. More chicken came round followed by about four Roast rumps on a skewer which are carved in front of you. They carved off two strips each for both of us, never asked if that was enough and then off he went. This goes on until you have had enough. Overall, My feelings are, they are very good at coming round with the cheaper cuts of meat, but the rump 'Passador' was only seen by us one more time. Bit frustrating that you can't choose what you want when you want it. Can't see why they can't just cook it, carve it and put it out on dishes so people can just help themselves to the cuts they want. Its a gimmick that's backfired on them for me, for the prices they are charging. And remember that's only for the main course. If you have room for dessert, the dessert trolley starts at £5.00. Drinks prices are also above average. Eating here could turn out to by an expensive experience. I could have had a better dining experience at other Buffet restaurants in Birmingham for a better price. Would not rush to go there again. Having read other reviews, it works for some, not for others.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went with friends. The food was great as was the service. The salad bar was amazing the only shock was the cost of the house red and white.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Brazilian steakhouse next to the canal in Birmingham Centre. This was my second visit, I previously had dinner some months ago. They did not disappoint, the quality has remained consistently high, I would recommend coming hungry, as the format is an 'eat as much as you can', with the waiters bringing different types of meat throughout the meal and a salad bar buffet. I found lunch time to be brilliant value, as the selection of meats is almost identical to the evening and it is £10 cheaper for a lunch per person! Great venue, friendly staff, overall a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have you ever had a dining experience which is satisfying and pleasant beyond your expectations? No? Good because you certainly won’t get that here either.
Instead, you’ll get front of house staff that look at you like you’re the pig that comes for feeding & you can damn well wait for it. & wait you will. You’ll soon discover that the way that an all you can eat meat restaurant can make money is by not actually giving you the opportunity to eat the meat. They’ll walk around the restaurant at the pace of a crippled snail & you’ll spend your evening staring at them, trying to Jedi mind trick them to come to you before they run out of meat or simply, randomly, & aimlessly walk off in a different direction.
Even when you get their attention & specifically request a certain type of meat, you may experience the same as my partner. All he wanted was chicken hearts (don’t ask why, he just loves them) so I used my epic Jedi powers & stared at the waitress like a deranged & starved sexual predator until she came over. I requested the hearts for him & she said she would arrange for some to be cooked & brought over. We waited another half an hour, before having to watch the waiter from across the room give all the chicken hearts to the table next to ours & then state that there were no more in the restaurant. So essentially they broke my partner’s heart with chicken hearts. The irony.
Top tip: if you want a real dining experience, avoid this place & find an Estabulo near you (the Wakefield one is amazing). They’re a shining example of what this place could be if it delivered meat instead of just sucking it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the Italian pizza and pasta section of this restaurant. The food was great. The staff were very friendly and great with the kids. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a family lunch.