“Don't buy Groupon!!”

Ranked #347 of 2,439 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Took my parents to Jamie's as a treat, so I bought a deal on Groupon...big mistake. Basically treated as a second class citizen because of this. My mum and I chose the ravioli nachos with tomato sauce..I'm not even sure why these dry,tasteless things were on the menu, the tomato sauce was just that..Passata with nothing else. Second course we chose steak and fries..steak a millimetre "thick taste was good but that was it. Third course we chose affogato..off the "Groupon menu it was £3 but off the "real" menu it was £5?? Exactly the same size?? My dad had it off the real menu as the Groupon was for my mum and I.. I won't be going back...extremely disappointed. Thought more of Jamie Oliver than this overrated crap

2  Thank caroline2003
Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at Jamie’s Italian. I was genuinely upset to read your comments as the majority of feedback we receive is exceptional and would like to apologise that this was not the case. It is very obvious from reading your e mail that in terms of your visit we failed to deliver.

If you do dine with us again I would highly recommend the A la carte menu- much more choice to choose from

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,283)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went here with no expectations and yet my expectations were still too high. Disappointed with this restaurant. The staff were pleasant enough but the bar service was extremely slow and lacking in choice (no draught beer or any bitters), bottles were smaller size and over priced (expected for a city centre location but lacked the service I would usually expect for paying premium).
The menu was lacking some choices as they had “run out”. The food was served quickly and efficiently however the quality was low to average. I had the carbonara which, I found lacking in flavour and the sauce quite ‘dry’ (who knew you could get a dry sauce, but that’s the only way I can describe it!). I had to request to order another drink and then again had to chase it 15mins later as it still hadn’t arrived. So the waiter was ok but not very attentive. All in all it was ok, but very much lacking in all aspects, definitely better venues available in the centre of Birmingham that offer better service, food and drinks at an equal or lesser price.

Dear Taz,

Sounds as though your experience really is not what we offer and aim for- I would love to get in contact with you- please email hannah.nugent@jamiesitalian.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We arrived Bank Holiday without a booking, within a couple of minutes we were found a table in very busy restaurant. Staff were attentive and great with the kids, we didn't have to wait long for food or for extra drinks when ordered, food was nice but then it always it - great place, great food, nice and relaxing atmosphere, my favourite thing about being at Jamies is that you are left to enjoy the company you are with .

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

What a fantastic review!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review- it means so much in such a negative culture we live in!!!!!! Please make sure you say hello next time you come in!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have eaten here a few times and always been happy with the food and service. Came with a group of 10 on this occasion. Most thoroughly enjoyed their meal, 2 had flash steak and were disappointed reporting the meat to be very fatty. Can’t fault the waitress who offered an alternative. Another member of staff offered a free desert. We did not have time for alternatives or desert so a reduced price was agreed. Overall the food was of a high standard and the service was excellent. I would return and recommend people to dine here.

Wonderful to read that you had such a great hen party with us! It means so much that we gave you and your party and good memory for such a special occasion! Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for a client meeting and the food brilliant. Couldn’t find any faults. Great service and the waiters were really nice.

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback! Really means alot that you took the time to write about your visit with us!

Please do come again soon!