• Room Service
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

pentahotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$47
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$81
US$70
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Prince Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$56
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$69
Woodlands Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$37
2,720 results
All reviewsan early flightbirmingham airportterminal buildingseparate toiletdeparture loungecar parknext morningsofa bedexecutive roomovernight stayfamily roomquick checkconvenient locationshort staygenting arenagood nights sleepone night stay
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Having travelled to the airport on a snowy Sunday afternoon on a train with no heating we were pleased to arrive at the nice warm Novotel. Ideally situated for the railway station via the monorail. We had booked a superior room & enjoyed the extra touches, a nespresso coffee machine, complimentary slippers, although only one pair for two people, nice toiletries. Went to the Spar shop to get fresh milk rather than use the awful uht pots of milk provided, would have thought this would be provided as there was a fridge in the room. Didn't like the separate toilet, it is tiny & it is almost impossible to get into & be able to close the door, also there isn't a sink in there so you are not able to wash your hands, having to go into the next door bathroom, can't see the point of it being separate. We didn't eat in the restaurant other than breakfast, which is served at 5am, ideal for us with an early flight. Self service breakfast was ok except for the eggs, tomato & black pudding which were stone cold. I would stay here again, & would have given an excellent rating if the bathroom was better laid out & the breakfast was hot.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Christophe U, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Good morning,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. It is always much appreciated and your comments will be shared with the team. I hope to welcome you back next time you fly from Birmingham. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We did 'park & go' to get us to the airport so had no issues with finding the hotel. A short walk across the airport grounds & it's in an absolutely fantastic location for all of the airport gates. Really cuts down on the hassle of getting to the airport for an early flight. Room was spacious & clean with the ususl facilities - Wi-Fi, tea & coffee, hairdryer, great bathroom, TV etc etc. Very little noise from airport traffic & certainly none that disturbed us. Bed comfy & a good night's sleep had. Quick check out & invoice emailed immediately. Would recommend & stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Christophe U, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good afternoon and thank you for your kind review. I am delighted you had a good stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Very convenient hotel for the airport, rooms clean and bright. Restaurant food very good, bar food and drinks too expensive. Service at reception ok but had to return 3 times before getting a key card that would open the door.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have shared them with the teams so that we can all appreciate the good and work on the not so good. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Couldnt fault hotel especially location.. only problem was the restaurant got the food order wrong but was rectified satisfactorly breakfast was good apart from the eggs was cold other than that very good. Would 100 percent stop again

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Christophe U, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Good morning and many thanks for your comments which have been shared with the team. I am delighted you would stay with us again and I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you once again and we all would like to wish you a happy Easter.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

So I thought it would be a good idea to stay at the Novotel as I'm collecting a work colleague from the airport in the morning (early flight). Big mistake.

The Novotel is very difficult to find. For a well travelled person I struggled to get here and ended up going into a one-way car park and having to pay £5 to get out. My mistake.

So I then finally find he entrance to the Novotel, which at this point is signposted to the, what looks to be their car park. I need to stress there are no signposts before this part so I'd highly recommend using GPS.
When you drive up to the entrance there are several signs to say go to car park 1, 2 or 3 (And one says 5 also) but not he premium one. Ok, I get that so I drive around to then have to pay £2 to drive past the door of the Novotel. Not a big deal but at this point I've done a 16hr day and I'm tired and hungry.
20mins later I finally find a space in car park 3 which says it's £39.99 for overnight parking. That's fine, the hotel will stamp my ticket - I've stayed in lots of hotels like this.

Oh no. The first person who checked me in was nice but kept laughing at me when I tried to tell him what was wrong. He did not seem to care that I'd paid £120 for a room and then a further £40 for the car park. To be fair to him I think it was not a laugh directed at me but it was not a good thing to do and I personally would show more empathy to an upset customer.
So I went upstairs to drop my bags and straight down for dinner. It's now 9pm.

Ate dinner and went to find the duty manager. He proceeded to lecture me and was not helping or offering a solution. I just said forget it I'll call Novotel directly and he said he would take 50% off to make it £20 (I'd expect valet for that). By the time I was cross so walked off.

I would recommend the owner of this hotel sends their team on some training. Their peers at IHG or the Hilton group would give them some good tips. I spend 3-4 nights a week in business hotels and will not be using ACCOR again.

Ps I'm back on my hotel room with no contact from the desk. It's as though nobody cares and they can sleep at night with their patrons paying £40 for an overnight stay...... And that's just the car park!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurence L

Good morning and thank you for your comments.

I am very disappointed to read your comments and understand you wrote them whilst in your room. I also understand that whilst you declined the 50% discount in the evening (at our cost as we do not own a car park), you kindly accepted the gesture when you checked out and met with our morning duty manager. I do appreciate we do not have a car park and can't offer discounts to our customers. Please rest assured that the local NCP management and the airport authorities are very well aware of this situation and that all parties are trying to come up to an acceptable solution. I will also forward your comments to the airport authorities with regards to the signage as once again this is not especially something we can fix ourselves but have been pressing for a better solution around the airport. Finally, we do pride ourselves on our customer service and invest a lot in our teams as I would imagine many of our competitors do.

Thank you once again for sharing your views.