“Average, over priced!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Having visited for a function, this restaurant food was average at best. The starters were cold and the mains to much salt. The drinks were over priced, and the staff weren't ready for the large crowd.
I wouldn't go to this place again.

1  Thank Raks B

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Very poor.
Friendly staff but food over priced. Got the order completely wrong. Lamb chops were off. Ordered chicken Jalfrezi, brought me lamb, took it back and returned with chicken masala, when I questioned it they told me it was a Jalfrezi, it wasn't. Eventually returned with same dish with more chillies.

Dated decor. I wouldn't bother their a far better indian restaurant's in Birmingham.

1  Thank Gez W
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Ordered a takeaway just half an hour ago. It was malai kofta and rotis. I was hungry and wanted to try the restaurant out.

Highly disappointed with the meal. The curry I had was with no garnish and had a awful colour. The sauce was loaded with sugar. It was sweeter than a dessert.

The dumplings which are meant to be with seasoning and spices were like boiled potatoes with cheese.

Malai koftas are also stuffed with coriander, ginger garlic and other spices. I can cook a lot more better than this at home.

The rotis was ok but they advertised online as they are brushed with butter but what i got was plain.

I could see cost cutting everywhere. Paid £15 for this meal and could not eat.

I will never be returning and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank nitin j
Reviewed 20 July 2018

£6.99 Monday- Friday - excellent value for money. Good choice on the buffet - all fresh. Finished up with jelly & custard which was a novelty!

1  Thank HellsBells1962
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for the lunch time £6.95 buffet. Asked what we wanted to drink with no drinks menus on the tables ( you will see why later). The buffet consisted of a good range of starters and this is where the high ended.
Mains consisted of one meat dish (plain chicken curry), veg/spinach dish and a tarka dal, and naan.
Desert were ok, rice pudding, choc and carrot cake, sweet balls and some messy custard with choc/strawberries inside.
When I came to pay my bill, I handed over a tenner because I only had a Diet Coke /Pepsi with my meal. I was then asked for another £1. I was told it were because I had a large soft drink 600ml ( in lager pint glass), when has a pint been 600ml???. Anyway, I were told that a Soft drink was £3.75 because they don’t do supermarket prices. A pint of lager is near on £5.
Moral of the story, look at the drinks menu before deciding to order drinks. Most expensive soft drink I’ve ever bought in and bar or restaurant.
Won’t make that mistake again!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank giz1972