“Sad decline. Avoid online delivery.”

German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - Moseley Road
Get food delivered
Ranked #180 of 341 Quick Bites in Birmingham
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: Our company was established in Germany over 30 years ago and has built up to more than 45 branches worldwide, all selling high quality Doner Kebabs. We serve 100% lean succulent meat in handmade breads with fresh crisp salad and a choice of our three signature sauces. German Doner Kebab. Kebabs done right.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Have used this place several times before, so am familiar with the standards and portion size. Yes, it is more expensive than a standard kebab house but that is fine by me as I was happy to pay a premium as the good is good.

Unfortunately, now the portion sizes are pathetic compared to before. I presume this is only happening with online delivery services as a walk in customer would just simply refuse to accept the portions and rightfully receive a refund.
Please see attached image of a Gym Box, my usual order. The boxes
are pretty small but before they have been relatively full, This one wasn't even a third full. Literally two mouthfuls of meat, one huge tomato and a couple of slivers of onion.

Thanks for reading. Once you can sit in, go in and enjoy the food. Until then, simply avoid as the portions will only leave you disappointed and hungry.

Would have liked to complain personally, but their phone isn't connected.

Date of visit: March 2021
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - Moseley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2021

Hello gnk73,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review of German Doner Kebab in Birmingham - Moseley Road.
We are extremely disappointed to read about your delivery experience. We can assure you that this is absolutely not the standard we aim for at GDK and we have already been in contact with the restaurant with regards to this review to ensure that more attention is taken when it comes to preparing and packaging orders for delivery.

As you can imagine, we are extremely busy with delivery and takeaway at the moment which means some mistakes can be made. However, we would very much like to redeem ourselves in your eyes, so if you could get in contact with us by filling out a form on our website - https://www.germandonerkebab.com/contact

Please be sure to leave your TripAdvisor username as well as selecting the restaurant you visited.

Write a reviewReviews (75)

Reviewed 27 February 2021

Amazing customer service from Laiba, she was so helpful and friendly! Would definitely recommend to others and come again

1  Thank AdeebaMahmood
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - Moseley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Hello Adeeba,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review of German Doner Kebab in Birmingham.
We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful experience in our restaurant and enjoyed some delicious food, as well as some great customer service!
We look forward to having you back in again for more very soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2021

Went into the moseley store yesterday got served by a lovely young lady laiba and customer service was perfect she was very helpful as it was my first time going i will definitely be going back food tasted great too

1  Thank Moaqib
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - Moseley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Hello Moaquib,

Thank you for choosing to leave this great review for German Doner Kebab in Moseley Road.
We are thrilled to hear that you received such lovely service during your first GDK experience and that you enjoyed eating our yummy food.
Next time, you could try our Doner Burger?

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

Just moved to Birmingham and hadnt got any much in so I thought I'd be lazy and order food.

I then proceeded to order from this place even though they have some bad reviews.

When it came, I was like rawrrrr man! That looks tidy. Then I opened the box slowly and was presented with some delicious much.

Apart from the Kebab being assembled with all the salad at the back of the bread (yes it is like bread) it was overall a good meal and worth the money I paid!

Hope this helps.

Peace out

EPIC FOOD REVIEWER.

Date of visit: February 2021
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - Moseley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2021

Hello bendavidrowberry,

Thank you for deciding to leave this great review for our Moseley Road restaurant in Birmingham.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed a delicious munch with us!
We hope that you are settling into Birmingham well and that we get to see you again soon.
You could try our Doner Chips and Cheese?

Reviewed 25 August 2020

So I had a couple of good experiences with this place hence my last review. This time I took my nieces and nephew. We tried the Doritos burger, it tasted horrible. The girls and I finished even though we didn’t like the taste, the sauce was so over powering, and the Doritos weren’t Doritos - they tasted like cheap tortillas. My niece rates the food as minus 1!
My nephew refused to eat it.

I also noticed the packaging is fine for adults but definitely not suited to kids especially the fries.
They provided no tissues just one hand alcohol tissue... we were a group of 4! I went to ask for some tissues and she tried to give me one! Not sure how she expected me to share one between myself and 3 kids!

The service was awful, I understand they’re busy but there is no need to be rude. I phoned twice and both times the phone was put down on me. At the check out I asked about the discount, and additional to the NHS, she said either or, which is contrary what it says online but just be aware and don’t waste your time or breath asking. Whilst everyone else has been quiet sat at home we’ve stuck it out with the madness of covid, it’s now their turn- quite honestly there’s no excuse for rudeness, if you don’t like your job quit!

So overall, would I recommend this place ? No definitely not. The staff really need to be taught how to treat customers. And the Doritos burger needs reviewing.
For the price your paying - don’t bother . The original donner is okay, but on par with the service now, not worth it at all.

Date of visit: August 2020
GermanDonerKebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - Moseley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2020

Hello star35rose,

Firstly, we want to thank you for deciding to leave a review of German Doner Kebab on Moseley Road. We are disappointed to hear of this negative experience however we want you to know that we have alerted this review to our team to ensure that future improvements are made. Despite this, we hope that you will choose to eat with us again.