Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$114
US$104
Stratford Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$108
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$114
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$60
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$162
US$89
  • Pool
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$188
US$81
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$169
US$116
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
2,522 results
All reviewsholiday innthe rivertown centrepublic areaslarge hotelexcellent locationcar parkexecutive roomplenty of parkingreception areabuffet stylelovely hotelfamily roomrsc theatreleisure centrecentral locationweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here one night and made very welcome by the staff. The exterior is a concrete block, the interior is an open plan, bright and light environment making it easy to feel relaxed. Bar area is comfortable and the restaurant felt more like a restaurant than a canteen as some corporate hotels do. Located a few minutes walk into town it is in a great spot. Would stay here again if we returned.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
CPSUA, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sensiblevisits,

Many thanks for such a glowing review of your recent stay with us, I shall pass on all your kind comments to the team, and hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely love this hotel looks amazing inside. Staff are delightful and welcoming nothing is too much trouble. Room was lovely the bed was huge and so comfy. Only thing that lets this hotel down is the swimming pool it’s tiny but saying that if didn’t spoil our stay. This hotel is in a perfect location and parking onsite is plentiful. A small fee is payable to park but well worth it.
Would definitely return

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula H

Dear Paula H

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza - Stratford upon Avon during your recent visit to Stratford upon Avon. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable. We were delighted to read your review and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared. We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Located close to downtown, within walking distance of pubs and restaurants. Dinner and drinks were enjoyable. Staff handling of large group above average. Rooms clean and updated. Wish weather was better to enjoy outside sitting area

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear tdog20,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I have shared your comments with my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night in a great bed, br3akfast and evening meal rate.

The hotel is very modern and it is obvious that a lot has been spent in recent years. The facilities are excellent and the location, right by the river, at the end of the Main Street is perfect.

The evening meal was good. The choice was limited but the food was hot and very tasty.

As for the breakfast, this was the best I have had in just about any hotel including a number of 5star ho5els. Great buffet (Hot which makes a change), and some nice extras served at your table. the smirked Haddock was excellent and cooked perfectly.

Will be going back again soon as there is a lot to see in Stratford and one day was not enough.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard H

I am delighted to know that you had a memorable stay with us and that you felt warmly welcomed to the hotel from the moment you arrived. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am glad that the team looked after you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We saw a package online including room, dinner and breakfast that we were interested in and because I have a gluten allergy I thought it would be a good idea to contact the hotel prior to booking any such deal to ensure that I would be able to get a gluten free meal. I had an email conversation with Mark Bevington, the F&B manager on 14th March and was happy that everything would be ok so booked for Easter Sunday and let him know that we'd booked.

On arrival we were allocated room 3022, which was nice enough, again lacking a chest of drawers (as the Plymouth Crowne Plaza had the previous week), perhaps Crowne Plaza don't expect theirs guests to unpack?!?! The safe didn't work and we forgot to report this. The bathroom was nice, although the shower was a bit lacking, the water pressure wasn't great.

We booked in for dinner and were asked if either of us had any special requirements, again I mentioned my gluten allergy, so when 8pm came around I was feeling pretty confident that everything would be ok. How wrong could I be?? VERY! We checked in and saw two notes on the restaurant sheet regarding my allergy, but we were still given menus with no mention of food allergens, the restaurant manager(?) Alice came over and began reading me out what I could eat, which started with ARTISAN BREAD!! Since when did that not contain gluten Alice?? When I queried it she sat on the floor beside me and began speaking to me as though I were a child, explaining what I could have and what would be missed off, she had no idea that couscous contains gluten, amongst other things, by this point I had had enough so left her with my husband whilst I went to speak to a manager at reception, thankfully this lady came and helped sort things out and I was able to order my meal, two courses, because all they could offer for dessert was the usual fruit salad. It wasn't the best meal by any means and it ruined our evening, we left the restaurant as soon as we'd eaten and went to chill out in the room, so glad I made the effort to dress up, it was so worth it for a 80 minute evening out!

Thankfully breakfast went well, despite Alice coming over to offer to show me what I could eat, I politely told her that I am fine with breakfast, buffets are relatively easy when you know what you can and can't eat. A menu poses all sorts of issue if the restaurant aren't willing to let diners know what allergens have been used in each dish.

This hotel is so close to everything that Stratford Upon Avon has to offer I just wish I'd opted for a different package, and that we'd gone out to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samiloupepperell
CPSUA, Food & Beverage Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Samiloupepperell,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was obviously disappointed to read the issues that you had during your stay. I am very sorry that your experience was far from matching your expectations.

We do take allergies very seriously and have information available for all dishes upon request. (I had attached GF options during our email conversation). I have shared your feedback with Alice, who is very upset that you thought she didn't deliver to your standards.

If you wish to discuss further please do contact me

Kind regards