Lowest prices for your stay
US$104
View deal
Travelocity
US$104
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$109
PricelineUS$109
getaroom.comUS$123
3,146 results
All reviews countess suite spa facilities golf break lovely spa beautiful hotel four poster stately home steam room roaring fire the main hotel cream tea changing rooms evening meal afternoon tea lounge area standard room beautiful room
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2021

I could not fault the hotel apart from one thing, that was stains on the carpet in our room. I am disabled and in a wheelchair. I was there for a wedding and the staff were amazing, they could not do enough to help me. There was always a ramp when I needed it, the spa was very good as well. It is out of my price range, but I will save to go again and hopefully enjoy it again. Well done to all the staff, it is hard times but it was nice to see you all smiling.

Reviewed 17 September 2021

Stayed here for 3 nights at end of August. Frosty receptionist but all other staff wonderful. We were not warned prior to arrival that room would not be cleaned during our stay and we would have to ask for clean towels, coffee, milk etc. Not even bins were emptied. My husband is severely disabled and immuno suppressed so cleanliness vital and you should not have to query this in a 4 star hotel. The windows were sealed shut so no ventilation.

On checkout I asked for a discount as had not received full service but was stoutly refused. As I had to reach Cairnryan for ferry did not have time too wait for the general manager. In my view if you reduce the service, you reduce the cost or you let fewer rooms to provide full service.

Room tip: Nowhere near the bins!
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 17 September 2021

The Welcombe Hotel is in a fantastic building, full of character and I was expecting a relaxing and enjoyable stary. The restaurant menu was very inviting so we booked for evening meals. The Head Waiter did not provide a friendly or professional service and the food was mediocre. When we checked out the bill was for £243 and should have been £129. Lots of additional bottles of wine and meals had been added. It took half an hour to sort it out and we didn't even get an apology.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 15 September 2021

The pictures of the hotel published on the internet were fantastic and this was what made me to make booking. Unfortunately we were let down by a number of things - very cold and unhelpful staff at the reception, toilet in the room was broken, no mug no fridge in the room, low water pressure from the shower, quality of the food serviced, particularly the continental breakfast was sub-standard.....so wouldn't like to recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 15 September 2021 via mobile

Difficult times for hospitality but the staff in the hotel worked hard to overcome this. Although they were clearly short staffed the evening meal was excellent and the spa and all staff there could not have been more helpful. Spa was good and not too busy with great facilities. Special thanks to the Restaurant Manager (Mike or Mark) who was so kind in accommodating my particular choice of white wine. Thank you

Trip type: Traveled with friends