“Good food, terrible service ”

Loch Fyne Kenilworth
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Price range: US$43 - US$78
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The food, when it eventually arrived, was good but two hours to have a main and dessert (and I arrived at 17:45) is too long. Think the waiter kept on forgetting my order.

2  Thank Kerry R
Loch Fyne R K K, General Manager at Loch Fyne Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Kerry R

I would like to thank you for your feedback, it pleases me to read all feedback from our guests whether it is positive or negative, as this is how we make improvements and develop our business to offer high guest satisfaction.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your food, but am sorry to read that the service on this particular evening was not meeting our usual high standards.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me personally on; 01926 515 450

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As always, made welcome from the very outset and James, one of the waiters, recognised us so he was very helpful and attentive. Gave some suggestions which were gratefully accepted; and was a superb host.

Dear Phil-14-coventry

Thank you for your positive review and kind feedback, its a pleasure to learn when our guests have enjoyed their experience with us.

I will be sure to to pass on your comments to the rest of my team and in particular to James,in the meantime I will look forward to hopefully be seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I recommend this restaurant. Beautiful service, extremely personable welcome and the food is lush. In the Summer the outside space is completely romantic. I've been four times for birthdays, and would love to visit more. I am delighted with the menu and the relaxed ambience of this restaurant, well done!

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Loch Fyne R K K, General Manager at Loch Fyne Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Jadie P

I would like to thank you for your kind and positive feedback, it pleases me greatly to learn that you have had an enjoyable experience with us here at Loch Fyne Kenilworth.

I will be sure to pass on your positive words to the rest of my team, in the meantime I do hope to see you back with us again sometime soon.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Have visited several Loch Fyne restaurants but our visit here was not an enjoyable experience. We arrived at 4 pm and there wasnt anyone in. We had 8 month old grandson with us and they took us to a table at the very back of restaurant so had to get buggy up steps. Someone eventually took our order but service was so slow, chef eventually brought our starters but then a long wait for main course, about 5 pm when mains were brought to table, again by chef, and when he put fries on table he almost threw them at us. Not the usual service of Loch Fyne staff and food was not up to usual standard. Starters had no garnish and mussels were worst I have ever had.Grandson as you can imagine was getting rather fed up of sitting by this time. Not the enjoyable meal we had hoped for.

2  Thank Lynne H

Dear Lynne H

I would first like to thank you for your feedback, all guest feedback, whether positive or negative is extremely important to us here at Loch Fyne Kenilworth.

I am sorry to learn about your experience you had with us, this is not the experience we would have wished for you or that we usually provide.

I have already put actions in place with my whole team, to ensure that theses errors in judgement are not made again.

If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please feel free to contact myself directly on:01926 515 450

Reviewed 30 March 2018

One chef on Sunday lunch, slow service, mediocre food, for a high price relatively. It was a disaster last time I went. Used to go a lot, and last three visits have been very disappointing. I feel sorry for the staff. It's a management issue for sure.

1  Thank media268
Loch Fyne R K K, General Manager at Loch Fyne Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear media268

I would first like to thank you for your feedback, as all feedback from our guests is extremely important to us, as this is how we learn and grow as a business.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, it saddens me to learn that you did not receive the positive experience that myself and my team would have wanted for you.

I have already put actions into place to meet the areas you have kindly mentioned.

if you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly ; 01926 515 450