“Amazing chinese food and fatanstic service!”
Review of HeiHei

HeiHei
Reserve with OpenTable
HeiHei is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 1,386 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I walked pass Hei Hei a couple of times and always wanted to give it a go. I really wish I have had tried it earlier because it's absolutely amazing! The Chinese dishes were so lush and big portion. I got the fried pork dish and my friend ordered the roast duck and some fried noodles. They all tasted so nice! Besides, the waitress was very nice and friendly and her recommendation of the ice red tea was fabulous! I have never had this kind of tea in my life. This is the restaurant my friends and I will definitely go back again.

1  Thank Chris86Newcastle

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went there over the Easter weekend. 5th time went there. Food was good and the service was excellent.

1  Thank 492xinl
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My brother and I are mixed, half Chinese, and brought our boyfriend and girlfriend to the restaurant as we have been before and expected great food and good service, however the waiting staff were outright rude and spoke down to us constantly. They were especially impatient with our non-chinese guests. Not acceptable, furthermore they could not understand our order in English which was highly inconvenient. We are not Cantonese but know most food names in Cantonese due to the area we grew up, even when they understood the cantonese titles they were unhappy and requested the mandarin names.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Came here late on Sunday, and was absolutely shocking. Waitress cannot speak English or understand it. And as for the food. The curry was so horrible. The prawns were nice but the sauce was disgusting. Won't be returning again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We visited Hei Hei a week after our intended visit ( due to bad weather ).

So pleased we made the decision to go.

Easy enough to book the time we wanted. Had a 5-10 minute wait for our table but no real problem with that.

Service was attentive without being over the top and all the staff were friendly.

We opted for one of the set banquets, can't remember the name but it came in at £23 per person. Greta value! The soup was delicious, actually ALL the food was delicious and it was nice to have special fried rice served with the main course rather than the usual boiled or fried rice.

Drinks were reasonably priced too and I can't think of any downside to our experience at Hei Hei.

Certainly it's a restaurant we'll be using again ( and again ).

1  Thank MichaelCR23