“40th birthday meal”

Aneesa's Buffet Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A buffet restaurant with a difference! An exceptional range of a la carte quality food available on the buffet for one set price.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just been here today and feel compelled to write a review. We went for my 40th birthday meal...yes it's a buffet and yes you can fill your face as much as you want picking and choosing from swathes of different starters and mains and see if you can manage a dessert for afters. Yes you can do all of that. The variety is good and you can pick and choose your favourite things. ...so why 3 stars?
Quality. The chicken was very poor quality and rubbery and literally in every single curry the spice and flavour was so overwhelming that it was an obvious attempt to mask over this quality with extra spices. The only reasonable curry I had was the lamb bhuna. All the other curries didn't use the key core ingredients you would normally get in curries ie creamy tikka massalla was actually hust plain tomato Curry and not rich at all the way it should be. All of the curries were the same and didn't taste like they should. It's a shame really as my wife didn't eat much and the place was wasted on her. Was just all mass produced microwave quality food
But on the flip side you can eat as much as you want... 3 stars...just... sort it out please aneesas ..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I went for our tea/supper on Easter Sunday. This is the first time I had been to an Indian. Quite a bit of it was too hot for us so we just stuck to the mild ones. We left with a full stomach and satisfied with what we had. He only down I would say is because if the seat we had it was really warm. Could of done with it bein a bit cooler. Otherwise was good.

MAC5599, Public Relations Manager at Aneesa's Buffet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thankyou for your comments, we're happy to hear your first experience of indians was enjoyable and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Warm welcome as soon as you arrive. Great selection of foods, I'm not in to spicy food much but this was nice. Food was piping hot too which you don't see much with these buffet style restaurants. Just under £40 for two adults and drinks, bargain at that. I will be back .

Thankyou for taking time to leave us a reiview, we're thrilled to hear your first visit was a pleasant one and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped off on my way to my hotel as I was feeling hungry, food a little too spicy for me, however very tasty and cooked beautifully never the less... perfect cocktails and quick and friendly service, what else could I ask for.

Thankyou for your review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With 16 of us going out for a team meal we were a bit limited by options until one of my colleagues recommended Aneesa's. We were not disappointed. We took advantage of the £15 buffet which had at least a dozen different hot starters plus the usual array of popadoms and accompaniments. The main meals consisted of a massive range (20+?) dishes with various rices, breads etc.
There was even a selection of pizzas for those not wanting a curry.
The desert array was perfectly matched in terms of quantity and quality.
Will definitely visit again.