“Istanbul cage&bistro ”

Istanbul Cafe & Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at the Istanbul Restaurant, cooking is our passion.We use only the finest and freshest ingredents to create Mediterranean dishes that will fill your belly and warm your heart. After experience your taste buds will Thank You :-)
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Hi we like to try different foods when we travel away looked on restaurants near me and this little gem popped up lovely little place clean and welcoming staff were outstanding and friendly very polite the food was great it’s just us but wherever we go we mark our food out of 10 this place hit a 8/10 only cause the mixed combination kebab was all in 1 bowl with no Turkish pide bread to really get your fingers into it Turkish beer was lovely and they undercharged me 1 beer that I told them about so all in all a great place to eat

1  Thank TRUCKER72

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Decent price decent portion. Just didn’t have any wow factor but would still return if someone suggested.

1  Thank jpie0700
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

You wouldn’t necessarily find this or be enticed in unless you had had had a personal recommendation or had read a TA review, but it is worth seeking out. Doesn’t have an alcohol licence. Food was freshly prepared. Good value. Setting a bit rough & ready. Ambient temperature not that warm at the time of our visit, but it was verging on zero degrees outside anyway. Food could have been slightly hotter than the temperature it was served at.

1  Thank rutilus
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Called in for lunch having recalled some good TA reviews and was so pleased I did. The restaurant was quiet and as I entered I asked if they took debit cards - I had about £15 in cash but always like to be on the safe side....they didn't take cash but the patron offered for me to order and go to the cash point or, get this, pay next time I visit!! This was my first visit plus I live in Kent but what a friendly, trusting response, blew me away!
Ordered the mixed grill and sparkling water, got bread and a couple of sauces free of charge.... food took a little while to come but the chef was busy in the open plan kitchen throughout. When it arrived a plate full of grilled meats, two skewers of chicken, a lamb (kofte) kebab, grilled lamb cutlet, all served with a fresh salad and rice. Proper, tasty, authentic and delicious food, served by welcoming, friendly folk and all for about £11.50! Needless to say I left all of the cash I had in change (£16 ish) in response for the quality, service and that offer of trust.
Go here, today..... you won't be disappointed and if bet it'd get a place on your top 5 Toon eats!

2  Thank Drewus68
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

My favorite restaurant, very tasty food, tea and caffee . Staff members are very kind.
Its in center and closed to haymarket station .

1  Thank F F