Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$109
US$91
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Best Western New Kent Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$38
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

Cairn Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$45
Avenue Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Carlton Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$38
US$35
Priceline
US$54
US$50
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Albatross Hostel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$42
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$57
2,871 results
All reviewsmillennium bridgebridge viewcorner suitemini barsunday lunchafternoon teacooked breakfastan upgradesuperior roomlovely hotelcar parkbirthday treata lovely stayhotel barpublic areaslovely roombars and restaurants
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Had a night out in Newcastle, my home town so never really stayed in hotels there. This time stayed in Malmaison though, and had a really nice experience. The room was clean and very comfortable, and well equipped. Had a great night sleep. Decor maybe getting a little tired, but nothing really awful. The staff were however most professional, especially Dave on reception, and I thought the Irish lady in the restaurant was excellent, really pleasant and well humoured. All in all, a nice hotel and I'd stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Maria F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit.

It is a pleasure to read your comments. I am really pleased that you had such a lovely stay in your home town. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had a wonderful stay which was in big part due to the wonderful, friendly and attentive staff. Every single team member I came across was so welcoming, friendly and helpful in every way. Special mention to the cleaner who was always smiling, helpful, and friendly telling me about places to visit. Was impressed with the service! Would definitely recommend and stay again! thank you

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo

Dear Louisa R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit.

It is lovely to read your comments. It sounds like our staff really wowed you, I will certainly share this feedback with them.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter booked us a stay at hotel and checked in easter sun and were checked in by Neil who was very welcoming. We were in a corner suite and room and space in room was great and view of tyne bridge was lovely. We had dinner in Brass and Piera, Adam and Sants (I think that was two guys names) were all really friendly. On breakfast they guy on I think his name was Callum Hall was very efficent and welcoming. We checked out with Dave and Keely on reception and they were both really nice, very friendly and lovely staff. We had a very nice stay and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit.

It is a pleasure to read your comments. It sounds like you had a great time with us for Easter Sunday. I will share your comments with our team too, I am pleased to read that they were so friendly.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I have always stayed at the Malmaison and enjoyed it, however now that I have stayed at the Hotel du Vin, I’m preferring the Du Vin.

The only reason is the rooms are lighter, the Malmaison is so dark it can be oppressive. I also feel the rooms could do with a refurb.

Having said that the view and location of the Malmaison can’t be beat!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Lynn M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay.

We are pleased to read that you have previously enjoyed your stay with us and that you have now found comfort in our sister hotel. We are indeed very lucky with our location on Newcastle Quayside.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My wife and I have stayed here a number of times on our visits to Newcastle in both Suites and Junior Suites. The rooms are all nice, however, a little more attention to detail would just tip the balance to excellent.

The view is what makes this Hotel so great so the best rooms for us are to the front - go for one of these if you get the choice, even if it is a lower category than you were going to book.

Breakfast is good, and in a room with a view over the Tyne, Millennium Bridge, Sage and Baltic. Plenty of choice.

Would highly recommend. Very good hotel. Great location. Reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room to the front with a view over the Tyne - makes all the difference.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Cihan O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit.

It is lovely to read your comments. We are indeed very lucky with our location on Newcastle Quayside, and it’s great to upgrade to our bridge view rooms at the front of the hotel.