Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
View deal
Expedia.comUS$75
Hotels.comUS$75
PricelineUS$74
All reviews single room city centre bus stop outside night porter breakfast is served metro station lovely hotel road noise bars and restaurants minute walk would definitely stay here again a lovely stay booked this hotel following morning excellent value for money jesmond permit
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2021

My wife & I enjoyed a wonderful time at The Osborne Hotel. From the point of booking, Sharon and the team were amazing. They did everything imaginable to make our anniversary extra special, even making us a little framed print together with a box of chocolates. We were made to feel so welcome and really enjoyed our time at the hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic location, spotlessly clean, all the staff are friendly and helpful, really tasty breakfast. Every aspect was perfect. If you are looking for a hotel where you will looked after and made to feel welcome, with very good value for money, look no further than The Osborne Hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Osborne Hotel, General Manager at Osborne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2021

Thank you both for a wonderful review.
We look forward to your next anniversary .
Stay safe until then :)

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Checked in here for one night and have had a very pleasant stay. The staff are an absolute asset to this hotel - what a fantastic warm welcome. The most welcome I’ve been made to feel in a hotel for a long time!

The room was perfectly fine and bed very comfortable. Bathroom was spotless and towels well presented. Bed linen was good quality and complimentary toiletries a bonus. Plenty of tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

My only negative is that there are no plugs by the bed - not uncommon - but there was only one spare plug in my room. However, that’s a tiny thing and wouldn’t put me off staying again.

Hotel well placed for local bars, restaurants and the city centre.

Thank you - a lovely stay and would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Osborne Hotel, General Manager at Osborne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

We have stayed in a few places in and around Newcastle and this is by far our favourite to date. We loved it. Staff are so welcoming and friendly. Sharon and Susan are true assets, they can't do enough for their guests. You arrive as guests and leave as friends. On site Car parking is very limited but we were lucky to get a permit. Breakfast is very nicely cooked and filling. It's a 2 star hotel ... its basic. But it's lovely, comfortable, warm and welcoming. Ideally located just 10-15 minute walk into town. We will be back again without any hesitation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the fab review :)
We look forward to your next visit here with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

I can't recommend this place highly enough! I booked a room for mine and my partners early anniversary break away and I'd informed one of the members of staff that this was the occasion - Sharon went above and beyond to help make our stay special. We arrived to our room to find a bottle of prosecco on ice, 2 glasses and a beautiful hand made, personalised plaque just for us.
It was so special and the personal touch was just incredible. All the staff were so welcoming and accommodating - I can't fault anything at all!

10 out 10 for sure and we will be back next year for our next anniversary!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We shall look forward to sharing your next anniversary :)

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Review

Review

I booked to stay here for 3 nights as my dad was staying in hospital nearby. From the minute I telephoned just after booking to ask about parking I knew I had made the right choice.

Room - single room, had everything I would need; small wardrobe with hanging space, drawers, desk area. Bathroom was really modern with walk in shower. I was at the front of the hotel, so there was a slight bit of road noise, but it didn't cause any problems.

Staff - this is where the hotel excels. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Bring on my own in a strange city I was given advice and help on moving around the city and things to occupy my spare time.

Breakfast - delicious! Good selection available including fruit and orders were adapted if you didn't want full cooked breakfast. There is a small bar area in the reception area.

Situation - Jesmond is a lovely area, the restaurant next door made a take away pizza. There are some popular bars just further up the road and the city centre is about a 20 minute walk.

Room tip: Free hotel parking is limited, but there is permit parking available on surrounding streets (hotel has permits).
Trip type: Traveled solo

We look forward to seeing you again :)