“Terrible food.”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #636 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my two kids there as a half term treat. They like quesadillas. Is that’s were we went. There were non on the children’s menu. Just the usual burgers, etc. But my youngest saw the picture of a pizza so he ordered that. My eldest had his heart set on the original plan so we order chicken quesadillas.

When the “ pizza” arrived is was a bloody quesadilla! And the chicken thing that arrived looked like tinned meat in a tortilla. So we ordered a second pizza to get what we had wanted in the first place.

How anyone can mess up cooking that simple is beyond me. At no point was the dish hot. The cheese wasn’t even melted properly and it was a soggy flavourless mess. The salad was dried up and curled like it had been sitting under the heat lights. And even the Milk Lolly at the end of the meal had clearly defrosted and been half froze. Again.

A six year old and a 4 year old both said the food wasn’t very nice and even the ice lolly didn’t taste good.

I would say that was pretty poor. I’d be ashamed to work there and I wouldn’t advise anyone to eat there ever!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My sister and I meet early so be tend to brunch rather than lunch, we saw the menu in the Eldon Square food court and decided this was the place for us. I have to say the food was excellent and the service second to none.
The atmosphere was very relaxed and we were served as soon as we were ready. Never made to feel anyone was in a hurry or rushed just totally efficient, we’ll certainly go again.

1  Thank Edith S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service welcoming , it was very busy but David who served us made us feel if we were the only ones he was very attentive without being too in your face , watching him with other customers there was a mature lady on her own but he ensured she was receiving the right attention to make her feel comfortable about eating on her own , he was checking all his tables and customers to make sure everything was all right there was a birthday party he made that person feel special and sang happy birthday beautifully , can’t fault this place my hubbys favourite eatery In Newcastle food always good

1  Thank Patalford
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Food is less than average. We ordered beef burger and the chips and meat were of frozen food quality. Very slow service.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous birthday food.
Portions are a bit small, but very tasty.
Chicken empanadas were my favourites