“Birthday Lunch”
Review of The March Hare

Ranked #19 of 310 Restaurants in Guildford
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We went there yesterday, lovely clean open area with lots of tables, helpful, pleasant staff too. The menu gives a wide range to choose from and also provides a lunch menu which is very reasonable. We both have different meals and they were well presented and very tasty. We will be going back for sure.

TheMarchHareWBC, Manager at The March Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi there Lesley,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

A warm welcome was greatfully received and immediately we felt at home. We opted for the sharing charcuterie platter to start, followed by the veggie chilli pie and the gammon steak. Hearty pub grub at its best. Desserts were very good as well. We'll be back.

TheMarchHareWBC, Manager at The March Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi there Theo,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived a bit earlier for lunch and asked for a table, we said we had booked for later, this was no problem at all, all of the staff very friendly and welcoming.
Chris our server was very good on all aspects shame not more like Chris. We had 3 course's each all were very tasty and we were not rushed at all even though it was very busy, which makes a nice change.
Well worth a visit will definitely return. Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for your recent feedback at your latest visit to The March Hare. We always love to hear back from our guests. I will pass on the kind words to Chris for your personally.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Perfect, happy and prompt service. A very nice fish curry, did not take up all the afternoon and an easy place to discuss business....Unusually busy for a Monday lunch but that can only be a good thing!

Hi there ,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have heard a lot about the March Hare in the past few months, with many friends and work friends going for special occasions and birthdays, as well as dinner dates. I have wanted to go for a long time and finally got the opportunity when I took my Mum for a belated Mother's Day treat.

The service was great and the atmosphere was lovely. It's clearly very popular.

As it was Sunday we ordered 2 roast beefs and a roast pork. My Mum chose the salmon fishcake. The food was lukewarm. The beef was incredibly fatty, liquidy gravy and bland yorkshires. The pork was ok but nothing to shout about. The salmon fishcake was nice, but did not have any sides apart from a small stingy bed of leeks. It was not worth the money, and I feel that the waiter should have explained this.

Overall I think the food was average, at best, but with high gastro pub prices. Hence the 2*s. The puddings, however, were incredible. I wish I had just ordered 3 of those instead of my main. If the rest of the lunch had been anywhere near as good I would have given the March Hare 5*.

TheMarchHareWBC, Manager at The March Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi there Ivy,

Thank you for your recent feedback at your latest visit to The March Hare. I'm sorry to hear that the food made your experience here with us a less memorable one and we would love to know more. Please contact us @:marchhare.guildford@whitebrasserie.com.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.