“Nice good value Birthday Lunch”
Review of The Causeway

The Causeway
Ranked #61 of 166 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited The Causeway today with my mom as it was her Birthday and we where having a wander around Lichfield.

The Causeway is lovely.. a nice friendly independent restaurant/cafe... nice simple fresh decor lovely and clean and a wide range of choices on the menu. We where only have lunch today so opted for sandwiches and a bowl of delicious home cooked chips (which I would highly recommend adding on)

The food was freshly prepared you order at the till and the food and drink is bought to you and served at the table. There is also a large drinks menu including alcohol as the establishment is licensed.

I use the toilet when I was in the Causeway and again the toilets where kept fresh and clean.

After lunch we just had enough room to fit in a slice of cake which we shared and the waitress was lovely and offered us an extra fork so we could share.

A lovely independent establishment a nice change from the standard high street chain stores, I would definitely pop in again on another visit to Lichfield and would recommend it as a nice quiet cosy spot to have lunch and watch the world go by.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had a good breakfast, food wise, last year ( l.e. 2017 ), but the service was... interesting. Looked like a ‘husband and wife’ team who were rather jaded about the whole hospitality thing, and only welcomed “locals”. The most interesting part was the cash no receipt, all on a bit of paper to the cook type of accounting: went away with the feeling of being gratuitously overcharged. I put the poor service down to the stress of having to cater for people outside the West Midlands and tax returns. In short, putting the Brexit into British food.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Visited on Saturday 10/2/18 for a coffee and scone with a friend. Within a few minutes of sitting down we were interrupted constantly by waiting staff who changed the table menu, asked if we had finished with scone the minute last mouthful was eaten, and then made it clear they were closing. There was no closing time displayed anywhere and we were not made aware of this at point of purchase. The staff attempted to laugh this off and said it was because Lichfield was very quiet today. Scone was very dry, jam and cream of poor quality. Very poor experience.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Went in yesterday after spotting the cool snowman being made outside!! Lovely decor inside. We ate breakfast here which was absolutely fantastic but what really made this place stand out was the vegetarian breakfast my fiancé had which was an actual vegetarian breakfast with veggie sausages rather than just extra mushrooms!!!! Highly recommended

1  Thank Gavin K
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Popped in here yesterday for lunch and a coffee, very nice it was too. I had a jacket potato and an americano and my friend had a hot roast pork sandwich and a latte. I noticed it was licensed too, so I guess you could have had a beer / wine if you wanted