Bailbrook House Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
1,940 results
All reviewscloisters restaurantconservatory barhand picked hotelshandpicked hotelsnew wingthe main houselovely hotelexecutive roomcoffee machineafternoon teafresh milk in the fridgeon arrivalbuffet stylemain restaurantcity centredvd playerwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for two nights in this lovely well presented grade 1 listed building, what can I say from the time you drive upto the hotel and are taken to your room..! WOW...!! very well laid out bar/lounge very nice we didn’t get to see the restaurant which was my fault, for not booking in advance like the email advised too before our stay.. so will do next time. Breakfast again everything you could want and more, room service a bit slow the 1 night but hotel was very busy saying that all the food was lovely cannot fault anything, stuff very friendly and helpful. Will defiantly return one day.
Thanks

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ian S, We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed a well deserved relaxing weekend here in Bath. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments following your recent stay at Bailbrook House Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bath for that promised return.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was lovely and arranged by the concierge that it was close to where our car was parked.
The breakfast was great with the option to have some items freshly cooked rather than from the buffet.
We had a lovely meal in the Cloisters on our 2nd night. On our first night we had room service as my husband wasn't well. Tomato soup wasn't on the menu but they made it for him anyway.
A hotel where the staff go the extra mile

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Tricia M,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments following your recent stay here at Bailbrook House Hotel.
I look forward to sharing your kind feedback with our Chef about the tomato soup that was made for your husband as that has just made my day
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bath in full health in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very disappointing. certainly expected better service considering the room rate. There was a big problem with understaffing. Our event on the Saturday night consisted of over 100 guests, yet only one member of staff was behind the bar. Clean glasses were in very short supply and bar prices were exceptionally high ( over £30 for a bottle of House wine! ). We also had problems with the room, the sink wasn't even attached to the worktop. Concerns were raised but the staff didn't seem that bothered. Was promised a call from the manager which never came.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colin B

Dear Colin B,
May I thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your most helpful feedback. I was most disappointed to read of your experiences regarding our function bar service on this occasion and would like to add my apologies to those already received.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me regarding the date of the event in order that we may investigate further, as we have not hosted any recent events for over 100 guests. Our house red and wines are £24.

Please do contact me directly in order that I may understand more as to how this shortfall occurred,
Keith Turnbull,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a night at the last minute whilst in bath - was £225 for a double room so expectations were very high.

The room was amazing as you would expect - can’t fault the room, it was a pleasure to spend time in and had everything you could possibly need for comfortable, luxury stay.

I did wonder when I first arrived why this was a four star hotel because it’s absolutely beautiful - however there were a couple of things lacking for me..

Had dinner at the bar as the restaurant was fully booked. The food was very average and similar in quality to something you could cook for yourself at home - I had a number of issues with the food which I fed back to the waitress. They also had items on the menu unavailable due to running out which is a poor show for a hotel like this.

Overall I feel the price of this hotel is definitely reflected in the rooms however outside of the rooms not so much and clear room for improvement in terms of the bar, food quality and the bar area feeling a bit rough round the edges - may seems overly critical but for £225 a night I expect more than this.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie-2K-Travel

Dear James O, May I thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your most helpful feedback following your recent last minute stay.
I was most disappointed to read of our shortfall in food quality in our bar on the Sunday night and the lack of choice. We were busier than anticipated with the poor weather and I regret that some bar dinner items did sell out on this occasion. I would like to add my apologies to those already received.
Please be assured that we will work on this to avoid repetition of this happening again for our guests.
Keith Turnbull,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel. The service is friendly and everyone is just very welcoming and make you feel special

Had 1 dinner and 2 breakfasts in the deal. The quality of food was excellent. Special mention to the lady running the breakfast and had to handle about 20 people arriving between 9.30 and 10. She remained calm and helpful to all

The room was amazing and had the comfiest bed ever

I would recommend this hotel as the staff really go the extra mile. From taking your bags to your room, delivering a morning paper very early to have with a nice coffee and the friendly bar staff and waiters

The concierge seemed very knowledgeable and helpful also with tips

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Sean 246

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your helpful feedback following your stay here at Bailbrook House Hotel.

We are delighted that you had a lovely relaxing weekend and pleased that you enjoyed your time here in Bath

We do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hand Picked Hotels in the near future.

Keith ,