Hilton Bath City
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
3,043 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citymain attractionspulteney bridgeone night staychristmas marketbreakfast was excellenttown centrefull englishwaitrosevalidateavon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from the first time of trying to book a room at this hotel it was a problem, too many problems to put it all down as a review, I explained I would have my disabled sister with me and would need a disabled accessable room, I tried to book the room in JANUARY for Easter Monday (end of March) I was told it was told too early to allocate rooms????? surely when you book a room it is booked there and then even if it was a year in advance, when we arrived the room we were allocated was not suitable for disabled in fact by the time my sister walked to the furthest room at the end of the corridor she was nearly crying, she wouldn't have even been able to have a shower, then when I explained I would be paying with HILTON HOTEL GIFT CARDS ( a present from my children in the form of 2 credit card type cards, that completely threw them they didn't know what one was and as it was a present I didn't know how much was on the card and they didn't have the system that showed them how much they were worth, so had to contact my daughter to ask how much was on the card, when its given as a present its upsetting when you have to ask how much the card is worth, (it was £200) HOW WAS THE HOTEL NOT ABLE TO INPUT CARD DETAILS TO SEE WHAT ITS WORTH???? then various other problems followed, very very disappointing would have expected a lot more from a Hilton Hotel, rooms desperately need upgrading as well. very disappointed with the whole experience. the one consolation was there WAS disabled parking outside the hotel when I was told there wasn't .

Room Tip: after my experience trying to book a room I couldn't give any tips
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol S
HiltonBathCity, General Manager at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I do believe we have already discussed this matter with you privately.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice stay good breakfast great central location. For Bath prices the room rate was very good value. Car parking very convenient if a little on the expensive side.
Only wish that we had more time to explore the lovely city that is Bath. We shall return.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Scattups1,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and central location of the hotel. Your feedback has been passed on to the management team for review so that we can continue to improve the service that we provide.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked for one night, arrived Good Friday at 8:30am. Parked in the underground car park and went off exploring beautiful Bath. Check in was at 4pm but we got a call saying we could check in anytime after 2pm as rooms were ready. Arrived back at the hotel at 3:15pm and checked in very quickly. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We had a double room on the third floor. It was bigger than expected, quite spacious and clean. Shower was very nice. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was very good. We were greeted by an extremely friendly member of staff and shown to our table where he served us fresh orange juice and tea. The hot buffet was nice but didn’t stay warm long enough for our liking (although hash browns and sausages very tasty!) lots of cereals, breads, pastries and fruits to choose from. We checked out early (again, quick process) but kept our car in the car park while we explored some more. Eventually left around midday. Car park is reduced rate for Hilton guests at £17.50. Overall, hotel is great value for money and perfect location. Would recommend if you’re spending most of your time out and about and would definitely return.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Sarah D,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the breakfast and friendly staff. Your feedback has been passed on to the management team for review so that we can continue to improve the service that we provide.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On approaching the hotel, the first thing that struck me was the shoddy steps up to the entrance - there were tiles missing and they were really dirty and scruffy. Pleased to say though that the reception area was much better. We arrived early and the receptionist, Lois was most helpful and chatted away while she checked to see if there was a room available for us to freshen up before heading out to explore the city (which she sorted for us no bother).
The room was average - nothing particularly negative to say. I think the furniture could do with modernising but it was clean, tidy and spacious enough and the bed was very comfortable.
We were first down to breakfast on the Friday morning at 6.30am and the food was really really good. Obviously just freshly made and so tasty. Plenty of choice for continental and cooked and lovely views over the river.
Checking out wasn't the best. There were 2 receptionists working at the time - 1 checking guests out whilst the other engaged in a conversation with another member of staff and ignored the guests. I'm sure whatever they were discussing, could've waited. After a 10 minute wait, we ended up putting the cards on the desk and walking out.
The location of the hotel was ideal though and I would consider staying here again if there was a decent deal on.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon H,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited this hotel in March and stayed in a twin bedded room situated at the front of the hotel and overlooking the street and car park entrance. As we travelled by train we had no need to use the car park but we understood there was a deal between the car park and hotel.
Staff were very friendly and efficient in all our dealings. Bags were stored before and after check in/out and information given freely.Staff in the restaurant at breakfast were also very efficient and helpful. We enjoyed the range of breakfast available-hot and cold with plenty of choice for all tastes/diets.It was relaxing and we were able to sit and talk without feeling rushed.
The room was compact and we we have preferred a little more space. We are 2 female friends and happy to share a room but there was not even space for an armchair to relax in and wardrobe storage was minimal. It was fine for us for 2 night but would have been a squash if we were staying longer.
The room was very clean and well equipped. The shower room was compact with only 1 hook on the back of the door to hang things. So not really enough space for 2 hanging toilet bags, towels and our costumes after coming back from the spa.A small point but the toilet roll holders were placed at ankle level which was rather strange.
We visited various attractions and all were easily walkable from the hotel which is situated very close to the river as well as many shops and restaurants.The highlight of our visit was the spa where we enjoyed the many pools and steam rooms etc before having a meal in the restaurant. Excellent value -a twilight package £90 for 2 of us and that included the meal and wine.A visit to the Gin Palace was the end to a wonderful day.
I would stay at the hotel again -I plan to go with my husband and hope for a bigger room.

Room Tip: You might want a river view and would would need to ask. Room 242 was a compact twin
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Dear JuanitaBrighton,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am delighted to read of your comments regarding the team here at Hilton Bath City. The team here at Hilton Bath work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests receive a warm welcome and enjoyable stay and I am pleased that this was given to you during your time with us. Your feedback has been passed on to the management team for review so that we can continue to improve the service that we provide.