“Wonderful theatre, terrific show”
Review of Theatre Severn

Theatre Severn
Ranked #7 of 80 things to do in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 4 April 2018

A modern theatre, with really comfortable seats and lots of legroom. Acoustics great; the show (Evita) was loud - this is NOT a criticism - but the sound system was fully up to it. Able to get served quickly at the interval (bar and ice-cream), despite being pretty much a full house.
Only criticisms: the orchestra was invisible (no orchestra pit - must be frustrating for them) and the rake of the seats could be a bit greater. (We were in the Stalls, Row D.)
Something for Shrewsbury to be proud of

All reviews
"very enjoyable evening"
"lovely venue"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my daughter .... our 2nd visit ... it's a lovely little theatre ... parking close by ... right in town so you can go eat too
Comfy seats,staff friendly... I would gladly go here on my own ...

Reviewed 18 March 2018

A modern theatre which offers excellent seating throughout for some top draw shows and entertainment. Always worth a visit, but book early it sells out quickly For most events

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on Saturday 12th March to see the show "Son of a Preacher man"
Have never been to this theatre before and I was very impressed. Lovely theatre. Modern,bright clean. Toilets were conveniently situated and the cafe/bar dealt with the influx of customers very well. The show was brilliant and the cast very talented. Staff at the theatre were very polite and professional.
Just a very tiny criticism was that both I and my friend walked through the theatre to my seat with carrier bags and we were not stopped at any door by the staff. Every other theatre I have visited always do bag checks. I realise that it can be a little awkward for staff but most people realise that sadly its the world we live in today. It just makes people feel that bit safer. I will definitely visit the theatre again.