“Nice Food, Nice People!”
Review of Old Smokey BBQ

Old Smokey BBQ
Ranked #143 of 383 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I happened upon this place whilst exploring Shrewsbury. Lunchtime BBQ and a beer sounded good, and it was!

Squid starter, Pulled Pork Chilli Dog for me and Pulled Pork Chilli and Tortillas for the Wife. Massive Portions, really tasty with nice fries and sides. Couple of beers each. Stuffed!

Staff were very attentive whilst not pushy. Choice is pretty big and the burgers looked awesome. The place itself is a little bit understated apart from the Red Indian model stood outside the restaurant.

Really enjoyed the meal and hope to be back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a meal with a group of friends. We all chose our food off the menu, when we came to order we found out they had run out of something which isn't a problem but perhaps would have been better to be told before we all decided from the menu. The food came out pretty quick and was nice, but it was quite cold by the time we all got our food. I hadn't finished my drink, but when I came back from the toilet found it had been cleared from the table. I would have mentioned but didn't see any staff until after we had finished the meal. most of the staff were ok but for the price you are paying I would expect a much better, friendly and smiley service! I wouldn't rush back there due to the price and service but overall nice food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were still eating the meat leftover from the scrumptious platter TWO days after we had our meal, there was just so much - don't be fooled by how it looks when it arrives, it's a meat tornado! Such a lovely, comfortable restaurant with great music, awesome food and very nice drinkies. Attentive but not obtrusive service too. A delight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here quite a few times and every single time I have been very pleased with what I have gotten. Very friendly service and amazing food. I would recommend the big daddy burger as it’s not disappointing and you defiantly get what you pay for. This restaurant beats all other grill places and is extremely under rated. Would defiantly recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on a Sunday afternoon the restaurant seemed to be not overly busy and well staffed however the bar was messy with used glasses and there were unlaid tables. When the food came the beef Brisket was dry and the rest of the food was very mediocre. Service was poor. The Ascetics of the restaurant are stylish and it would seem a nice place to go for a drink but sadly we won’t be eating here again.