“Went for sausage, got salad... and loved it!”

Vaughans Sandwich Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Quick Bites in Ludlow
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

This place is legendary. Queuing is worth while even if they run out of sausage and bacon sarnies just before you get to the front. We had the homemade salad box and it was extremely tasty, filling and good value at a fiver. Lots of salad to choose from - there was Mediterranean theme the day we went - and everything we had was superb! The service was so friendly ...even our dog got a free piece of chicken for the road.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (233)

Reviewed 22 May 2021

Given the other reviews you hardly need me to tell you this is a very good sandwich bar indeed. Great sausages. Great bacon. Great service. On top form in May 21.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank BristolPog
Reviewed 8 May 2021

We've been in delightful Ludlow quite a few times over the last month or so, and I noticed this sandwich bar always has a queue outside it - no matter the time of day.
Accordingly, feeling a bit peckish earlier this week I joined the queue for a bacon sandwich (her) and a roast pork sandwich (me). Both were excellent and from local producers. My pork sandwich was too much, and a messy one...but very very good!
I paid £9.80, good value and with cheerful service.
Thoroughly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 16 April 2021

Just had a wonderful combo box. Filled to the brim with whatever I wanted from the hot or cold selection. Masses to choose from in the salad selection.

Had some cold salads (coleslaw, chicken and grape, pasta and tomato herby mix - delicious and fresh) and hot roast pork with apple sauce and stuffing. Wow, it was wonderful. The crackling is as crackling should be, really crisp and full of flavour.

So good to be able to go back there again. Screens in place, hygienic and safe with only one person in at a time (unless you are a family or couple). You can't get many people inside anyway as it is a small area. You just queue outside and wait your turn, no problem there as you get tantalised by the wonderful aroma.

Had a nice chat with, I presume was the owner, whilst he layered up my selection, squashing it down and making sure it was full to the brim .... it was! Very good value for money.

Will be back again soon as I can.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Chrissy22R
Reviewed 3 November 2020

We popped in today while visiting Ludlow. We were drawn in by the mouth watering food displayed in the window. We had the combo box, filled with pork , sausage , stuffing, Apple sauce all layered on top of a selection of fillings. I had coleslaw ,lemon pepper chicken and cheese/onion filling. It was delicious, so much flavour. The gentleman that served us was really friendly and helpful. Will visit again next time we visit Ludlow.

Date of visit: November 2020