“Best Indian we have had!”
Review of Shapla

Shapla
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Had a wonderful experience dining in this place last Sunday. Food is the most delicious and wonderfully presented, sauces’ flavors are just fantastic! Top service too, we received a very warm welcome, the gentlemen who work there are really friendly and helpful. Can't wait to dine here again next time we visit Ludlow!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The meal was substandard to say the least sadly. I visited with girlfriend's and I witnessed male members of staff being verbally abusive to a middle aged lady. The family sat adjacent to us and we received our food before them and they arrived before us.
What followed was difficult to describe, two members approached to pay their bill willingly and they appeared to resolve their issues until a young waiter started to argue in front of customers, he spoke above the member of staff whom had resolved the issue causing further issues.
The customers paid and left. Then, approximately six members of staff went outside and from what I could see they where threatening someone. Is that really what restaurant staff should be doing.. We left and won't return.

3  Thank Tania W
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Kept waiting over an hour for food that was served cold with a skin over the food. Some food was served cold other food was served so hot it burned. When asked how our food was and we gave honest feedback we were literally yelled at by wait staff and kitchen staff. Ganged up on by cooks unable to take feedback. We were chased away by threatening staff. The golden moments are yards away and serve far better food.

1  Thank Davey J
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We are regulars to the shapla in Ludlow and the curries are always great but on this occasion it was exceptional. And the guys there are so friendly and give amazing service.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited here recently on a weekend stay in Ludlow. We are so glad we did...the food is truly awesome.

I had the Sheek kebab for starter and my wife had scallops. Presentation was excellent and the food was perfectly cooked.

For mains I had the Lamb Balti and my wife had Chicken Kurma and we also had Peshwari Naan. Again, presentation was perfect, food was delicious (the sweet sauce on the naan was divine).

The staff here are fabulous. Very attentive and willing to chat as well.....you really feel special.

Will definitely return in the summer when we have another trip planned.

10 out of 10