“Best Indian we have had!”
Review of Shapla

Shapla
Ranked #28 of 92 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a wonderful experience dining in this place last Sunday. Food is the most delicious and wonderfully presented, sauces’ flavors are just fantastic! Top service too, we received a very warm welcome, the gentlemen who work there are really friendly and helpful. Can't wait to dine here again next time we visit Ludlow!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The meal was substandard to say the least sadly. I visited with girlfriend's and I witnessed male members of staff being verbally abusive to a middle aged lady. The family sat adjacent to us and we received our food before them and they arrived before us.
What followed was difficult to describe, two members approached to pay their bill willingly and they appeared to resolve their issues until a young waiter started to argue in front of customers, he spoke above the member of staff whom had resolved the issue causing further issues.
The customers paid and left. Then, approximately six members of staff went outside and from what I could see they where threatening someone. Is that really what restaurant staff should be doing.. We left and won't return.

1  Thank Tania W
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came to pick up family from their evening at the Shapla, and I have to say I'm appalled! Their food was over an hour late with half hearted apologies. When the food finally arrived it was cold and unappealing. The tikka massala sauce was more a paste. The food - my family could have dealt with and grinned and bared it. But the attitude of the staff was a disgrace. They were rude and were absolutely out of line when shouting at my mother in law when my partner, his father and friends had turned their backs. This appears to be totally out of character for the Shapla, but nevertheless is totally unacceptable. Staff were unable to take feedback and criticisms and proceeded to follow my family out of the restaurant. Customer service tonight was disgusting. Will not be returning unless a sincere apology is given.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff were rude and I regret touching the food. My excuse was I was waiting so long I had to eat something. When I complained I was chased away by at least 7 angry and incompetent chefs hurling abuse at my wife. The food was a cold unappealing paste that had been sat congealing while other food was finished in a hurry. This is out of character for a restaurant with a reputation for cooking edible food. I won't be returning as long as the golden moments is open.

2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

These pathetic cowards threatened my mum for calling them out on late, cold, or over done mush. The worst meal I've had in years. Utter garbage.

1  Thank Chaddlyboy