“Great veggie & vegan menu”

Las Iguanas-Meadowhall
Ranked #72 of 1,596 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Brazilian, Cuban, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We were asked if we had any dietary requirements as soon as we walked into this restaurant, I'm veggie and was give the separate veggie and vegan menu which has a great selection on it.

I struggled to decide, it all sounded delicious. I ended up with garlic mushroom empanadas, patatas bravas in bits and chipotle rice which was all yummy. We also shared cheeses bread balls for starters - they were the only dish I wasn't that keen on, they weren't very cheesy and a bit dry (I've eaten these in Brazil so know what authentic ones should taste like).

My brother had a problem with his food but it was very quickly rectified and he got a replacement and the staff were brilliant about it.

The restaurant was packed when we were there but we got served quickly and the staff were very attentive.

Great restaurant and great veggie menu.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely food. Great service from Kayleigh despite it being busy we weren’t rushed in and out and were allowed to enjoy the meal.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We went for an early lunch 11:30 in order to avoid rush of lunchtime. - we picked a good time! It was quiet and the chap that waited on our table was friendly with a big smile.

Veg and gluten free has a separate menu which is handy. Multiple choices for both dietary needs.

Think I ordered a buritto when I wanted the enchiladas as they were what I had the first visit and they were gorgeous. Burrito was good, but not what I meant to order (more fool me)

Clean and tidy, and toilets.
Atmosphere was good, we were seated on the raised tables at the front which gave a little privacy away from other diners.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Never been to this chain restaurant so I thought we shoud try it based on the reviews. It was a quiet evening with only 4 tables dining at the time. Starter arrived quickly, main meals arrived soon after but mine was a bit cold for my liking and the portion of coleslaw was pathetic (about 1 tablespoon). I believe food should be served at the correct temperature and I thought our food would be cooked to order. Lovely staff though (especially our waitress).

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This was our first visit and we would certainly return. We had Tapas which was really lovely. We visited Sunday teatime following Black Friday so it was really busy. You wouldn't have known it though as Kayley who served us was really helpful and attentive. Thank you Las Iguanas for a lovely experience.