“Friends catch up ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An impromptu visit with a friend to catch up and enjoy good food. The staff were friendly, efficient and were able to recommend food but without being pushy. We both had pizza which were cooked well and arrived quickly however it’s all about the desert. I usually have the honeycomb cheesecake whenever I go but this time was persuaded to have the sticky toffee pudding which was just as good! We got it all fir a good price to using a tastecard.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for an impromptu Sunday late lunch.
Great food as always - the chicken carbonara al forno is divine! Toddler meal was delicious also and did for 2 under 5’s so great value!
The staff were friendly as always, interesting to chat, and attentive.
Such a shame that this branch will be closing in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

We were given a buyagift voucher and used it for my birthday. We like eating at Prezzo and enjoyed our meal. The staff were friendly and attentive. The food was good and the atmosphere was cosy.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We were in Sheffield for week-end attending a family celebration on the Saturday. On the Friday evening we visited Prezzo on Ecclesall Road with our son, daughter in law and grandsons aged 5 and 8. Our Pizzas were so salty that we were all getting up during the night for glasses of water. None of us wanted puddings except our 8 year old grandson who requested an ice-cream, he was asked if he wanted 2 or 3 scoops and of course said 3. We realise with hind-sight that we should have intervened but didn't really notice and assumed this would be a child's portion. He didn't finish it as he had chosen chocolate which was obviously aimed at adults as it was made with dark chocolate, not appealing to a child. I was horrified when I received the bill as the cost of the ice cream was £6.89. I thought this was expensive and especially one for a child! I queried it and was told that the basic ice-cream cost is £4.30 but the extra scoop was another £2.59. So beware when you order ice-cream at Prezzo. In fact I suggest that as there are lots of Italian restaurants around that you go elsewhere as we will do in future. Indeed the whole meal was expensive (wine £19 per bottle) for a mediocre meal. Restaurant chain to be avoided.

1  Thank nickstratford43
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Food was good , good choice. it was just that I felt it lacked a welcoming atmosphere.
No one was rude or ignorant on our visit, I cannot put my finger on the lack of atmosphere at this venue , its a shame it is a lovely place